- Donald Rumsfeld has ‘no idea’ if he paid taxes correctly
- Bradley Manning named honorary grand marshal of San Francisco Pride parade
- Look out PayPal: Facebook working toward mobile payments system
- U.S. rebukes Iran’s U.N. envoy pick over 1979 embassy attack
- Stoned mom avoids jail after driving 12 miles with baby on roof
- More than 100 ‘inappropriate’ encounters between NYC school staffers, students since 2009: report
- Joe Biden to Boston bombing survivors: ‘America will never, ever stand down’
- FBI failed to throughly vet Boston bombing suspect after Russian lead, report finds
- Atlanta Braves flooded with Hank Aaron hate mail: He’s a ‘scumbag’
- University: Help, our campus is too white
Miller, Sabres put the brakes on Caps’ streak
Pothier did not return, missing the final 28-plus minutes of the contest. There was no official word on his status after the game.
Much of the credit for keeping Alex Ovechkin in check goes to Buffalo rookie defenseman Tyler Myers, who was matched up against the two-time MVP for most of the night. The 19-year-old stands 6-foot-8, and his long reach helped him bother guys on Washington’s top line.
Morrison was one Washington player who did have several prime scoring opportunities, but a combination of bouncing pucks and Miller’s sensational effort kept him off the score sheet.
“Probably would have been a little different outcome if I could have put the puck in the back of the net,” Morrison said.
Note - Semyon Varlamov (lower body) and Mathieu Perreault (illness) missed the game because of injury. Michal Neuvirth was recalled to back up Theodore, and Keith Aucoin was in the lineup for Perreault.
About the Author
- The Capitals' Cup full of dreams
- Capitals' Green left off Canada's roster
- Capitals' new addition brings energy
- Capitals trade their captain to Columbus
- Disastrous first period dooms Capitals
Latest Blog Entries
By returning to goodness, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- Russian fighter jet buzzes U.S. Navy destroyer in Black Sea
- PHILLIPS: What did Harry Reid know and when did he know it?
- Atlanta Braves flooded with Hank Aaron hate mail: He's a 'scumbag'
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes