- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Miller, Sabres put the brakes on Caps’ streak
Question of the Day
Pothier did not return, missing the final 28-plus minutes of the contest. There was no official word on his status after the game.
Much of the credit for keeping Alex Ovechkin in check goes to Buffalo rookie defenseman Tyler Myers, who was matched up against the two-time MVP for most of the night. The 19-year-old stands 6-foot-8, and his long reach helped him bother guys on Washington’s top line.
Morrison was one Washington player who did have several prime scoring opportunities, but a combination of bouncing pucks and Miller’s sensational effort kept him off the score sheet.
“Probably would have been a little different outcome if I could have put the puck in the back of the net,” Morrison said.
Note - Semyon Varlamov (lower body) and Mathieu Perreault (illness) missed the game because of injury. Michal Neuvirth was recalled to back up Theodore, and Keith Aucoin was in the lineup for Perreault.
About the Author
- The Capitals' Cup full of dreams
- Capitals' Green left off Canada's roster
- Capitals' new addition brings energy
- Capitals trade their captain to Columbus
- Disastrous first period dooms Capitals
Latest Blog Entries
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world