THE BEST OF THE WEEKEND IN SPORTS
It's always a big deal no matter the records. But Army has extra motivation: A win would put the Black Knights in the EagleBank Bowl at RFK Stadium, its first bowl berth since 1996.
Eagles at Giants
New York got back into the playoff picture with a victory over Dallas on Sunday. Philadelphia is trying to keep pace with Dallas for the NFC East title and needs to avoid a costly loss.
No. 15 Georgetown vs. No. 17 Washington
Wow, the Hoyas are playing an uncharacteristically tough nonconference schedule. A victory in the Wooden Classic could put them in the top 10.
TWT FIVE BEST PLAYERS IN ARMY HISTORY
1. Michael Mayweather - The leading rusher in Army history ran for more than 1,000 yards three times. He finished 10th in Heisman Trophy voting in 1991.
2. Charlie Jarvis - In his three years as starting running back, the Black Knights had a 23-5 record. He rushed for 1,110 yards in 1968, including 253 against Boston College.
3. Mike McElrath - A four-year starter from 1989 to 1992, McElrath holds Army records for tackles and is second in career interceptions.
4. Ronnie McAda - The quarterback led Army to a berth in the 1996 Independence Bowl with a 10-2 record. He also led the Black Knights on a 99-yard, game-winning drive against Navy in '95.
5. Lynn Moore - He led Army to a 27-0 trouncing of Navy in 1969. He ran for 125 yards or more five times that season and played in several college all-star games.
HE SAID WHAT?
"Following in the footsteps of Paul Lo Duca and Dmitri Young, another bad [signing] by the Nationals."
- Former Nationals general manager Jim Bowden on the addition of Ivan Rodriguez
By Andrew P. Napolitano
The president's men trash the Constitution to pursue antagonists
Independent voices from the TWT Communities
Musings of a bilingual, agnostic, combat veteran and jewelry maker.
Find up-to-date information on the D.C. and Baltimore live music scenes and read interviews with artists and reviews of the latest releases and concerts.
Doni Kandel shares his self-prescribed cocktail of humor and hard-nosed honesty required to remain a passionate and sane conservative and Zionist in today's tumultuous world.
Benghazi: The anatomy of a scandal
Vietnam Memorial adds four names
Cinco de Mayo on the Mall
NRA kicks off annual convention