NEWSMAKERS - WHO’S MAKING HEADLINES THIS WEEK
Not having his best December. Wife’s on her way out, and now he’s linked to a doctor under investigation for doping.
Stole the headlines from John Lackey and the Red Sox with his impending trade to (and new contract from) the Phillies.
He’ll be playing until he can’t with a fractured right index finger that is hindering his shooting.
It took longer than some observers expected, but he’s finally dogging it for Belichick and the Patriots.
The Jamaican sprinter and world-record holder is on the ballot for Time’s person of the year.
TWT FIVE HOT STOVE STORYLINES
1. Musical Cy Youngs - Roy Halladay goes to the Phillies and Cliff Lee goes to the Mariners as the Blue Jays wind up with possible future ace Kyle Drabek and reportedly prospect Brett Wallace, too.
2. Red Sox strike back - The Evil Empire wins a World Series, so Boston gets John Lackey and Mike Cameron… after the Yankees nab Curtis Granderson.
3. Holliday season - Will the outfielder stick with the Cardinals or move on to the Mets, who are trying to keep pace with the Phillies?
4. Designated Angel - World Series MVP Hideki Matsui moves on to Los Angeles, meaning Vladimir Guerrero will be playing elsewhere.
5. Cuban Lefty Crisis - Well, it’s not a crisis for Cuban pitcher Aroldis Chapman, but reportedly half the league scouted this guy. Let the bidding begin.
HE SAID WHAT?
You know, most of the time there’s one or two, and you can’t keep that a secret. So if he can balance 14 and keep it a secret, congrats.
- Clinton Portis on Tiger Woods and his many reported ladies during his appearance Tuesday on The John Thompson Show
'Your papers, please' must never be heard in America
Independent voices from the TWT Communities
Finding radiant smiles and dental health with Dr. Ali Forghani
Contributions to the Communities Sports desk from readers.
Empowering mind/body/spirit and health dialogue along with cutting-edge, conscious social, political, and world commentary with Adam Omkara. Join the Evolution!
Benghazi: The anatomy of a scandal
Vietnam Memorial adds four names
Cinco de Mayo on the Mall