- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
- In Colorado, a pot holiday tries to go mainstream
- Ukraine PM vows to find ‘bastards’ behind anti-Semitic fliers
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation in South Korea
- Militants kill 14 Algerian soldiers in ambush
- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
Tom Knott: Cash integral part of college hoops
If Calipari ever lands in trouble at Kentucky - and you figure the chances are fairly favorable - he will be seen running into the arms of the next suitor. That is college basketball. A coach can always outrun his misdeeds because of a university’s unyielding desire to fill its coffers.
That is the ugly sight of a game that inevitability is saved by the passion and spectacle of game night. It is the sight of cheerleaders, bands, rowdy fans and Dick Vitale working himself into a feverish pitch.
It is a game that sold its soul to the highest bidder long ago. It is not going back to a time that mostly exists in only Knight’s mind.
So Knight is left to shout down from his principled mountaintop.
But no one is really listening.
About the Author
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- CHARLES: Holder's undermining of the law deserving of contempt
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Former Blue Angels commander relieved of duty for alleged misconduct
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.