- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
GREEN & GLOVER: Cover girls
Question of the Day
Fab and furless
We’re used to seeing first lady Michelle Obama grace the covers of a wide variety of glossy magazines, but we had to do a double take when we saw her smiling visage on a promotional poster for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, also known as PETA.
As part of PETA’s Make D.C. Fur Free campaign, the group is distributing its new poster, featuring not only Mrs. Obama, but talk-show queens Tyra Banks and Oprah Winfrey and country music superstar Carrie Underwood, throughout Metro stations to show how glamorous women can be “fur free and fabulous.”
You will recall: We reported earlier this year that Mrs. Obama would not include fur in her wardrobe. And, according to PETA, Miss Banks and Miss Winfrey have encouraged their fans to not wear fur for years because of the purported cruelty animals endure on fur farms.
Our friends at Predicto.com — which bills itself as the largest paid mobile community — have put together a list of the top five celebrity “sexters” for 2009. For those of you unfamiliar with the bawdy ways one can use technology, sexting refers to sending risque text messages on cell phones to crushes and would-be paramours.
The sexting craze is primarily thought of as being a pastime of giddy teenagers. But it seems the urge to “sext” has found its way into the minds (and hands) of the stars.
Predicto’s No. 5 choice is “High School Musical” star Vanessa Hudgens, who, through texting, sent nude photos to her boyfriend, actor Zac Efron. Not surprisingly, the racy shots ended up on the Internet.
At No. 4: reality TV personality Jon Gosselin, who was caught sexting a much younger woman “rather than paying attention to his eight kids.” Is it any wonder he and wife Kate divorced this year?
No. 3 is singer Chris Brown, who, according to Predicto.com, unleashed a violent attack on his girlfriend, “Umbrella” singer Rihanna, because she confronted him about his sexting with another woman.
Dethroned beauty-queen-turned-political-lightening-rod Carrie Prejean admitted to sexting with her boyfriend on NBC’s “Today,” earning her the No. 2 spot on the list.
And at No. 1, it’s embattled golf great Tiger Woods, who reportedly was caught red-handed sexting one of his reported mistresses by his wife, Elin.
Moral of the story: Don’t text. A picture is worth 1,000 words — and speaks volumes.
Bundle of joy
About the Author
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Australia issues arrest warrant for men believed to be homegrown ISIL terrorists
- Iraq Christians get meeting with top Obama aide
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors