- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror recruiter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
GREEN & GLOVER: Cover girls
Fab and furless
We’re used to seeing first lady Michelle Obama grace the covers of a wide variety of glossy magazines, but we had to do a double take when we saw her smiling visage on a promotional poster for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, also known as PETA.
As part of PETA’s Make D.C. Fur Free campaign, the group is distributing its new poster, featuring not only Mrs. Obama, but talk-show queens Tyra Banks and Oprah Winfrey and country music superstar Carrie Underwood, throughout Metro stations to show how glamorous women can be “fur free and fabulous.”
You will recall: We reported earlier this year that Mrs. Obama would not include fur in her wardrobe. And, according to PETA, Miss Banks and Miss Winfrey have encouraged their fans to not wear fur for years because of the purported cruelty animals endure on fur farms.
Our friends at Predicto.com — which bills itself as the largest paid mobile community — have put together a list of the top five celebrity “sexters” for 2009. For those of you unfamiliar with the bawdy ways one can use technology, sexting refers to sending risque text messages on cell phones to crushes and would-be paramours.
The sexting craze is primarily thought of as being a pastime of giddy teenagers. But it seems the urge to “sext” has found its way into the minds (and hands) of the stars.
Predicto’s No. 5 choice is “High School Musical” star Vanessa Hudgens, who, through texting, sent nude photos to her boyfriend, actor Zac Efron. Not surprisingly, the racy shots ended up on the Internet.
At No. 4: reality TV personality Jon Gosselin, who was caught sexting a much younger woman “rather than paying attention to his eight kids.” Is it any wonder he and wife Kate divorced this year?
No. 3 is singer Chris Brown, who, according to Predicto.com, unleashed a violent attack on his girlfriend, “Umbrella” singer Rihanna, because she confronted him about his sexting with another woman.
Dethroned beauty-queen-turned-political-lightening-rod Carrie Prejean admitted to sexting with her boyfriend on NBC’s “Today,” earning her the No. 2 spot on the list.
And at No. 1, it’s embattled golf great Tiger Woods, who reportedly was caught red-handed sexting one of his reported mistresses by his wife, Elin.
Moral of the story: Don’t text. A picture is worth 1,000 words — and speaks volumes.
Bundle of joy
About the Author
TWT Video Picks
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
- Inside the Beltway: A new interest in Rahm Emanuel for 2016?
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- David Jolly wins in Florida, GOP keeps swing district seat
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- 80 people publicly executed across North Korea for films, Bibles
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to 'man up' in horse carriage fight
- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt 'Boss Hogg' town from map
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again