- Donald Rumsfeld has ‘no idea’ if he paid taxes correctly
- Bradley Manning named honorary grand marshal of San Francisco Pride parade
- Look out PayPal: Facebook working toward mobile payments system
- U.S. rebukes Iran’s U.N. envoy pick over 1979 embassy attack
- Stoned mom avoids jail after driving 12 miles with baby on roof
- More than 100 ‘inappropriate’ encounters between NYC school staffers, students since 2009: report
- Joe Biden to Boston bombing survivors: ‘America will never, ever stand down’
- FBI failed to throughly vet Boston bombing suspect after Russian lead, report finds
- Atlanta Braves flooded with Hank Aaron hate mail: He’s a ‘scumbag’
- University: Help, our campus is too white
GREEN & GLOVER: Cover girls
Fab and furless
We’re used to seeing first lady Michelle Obama grace the covers of a wide variety of glossy magazines, but we had to do a double take when we saw her smiling visage on a promotional poster for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, also known as PETA.
As part of PETA’s Make D.C. Fur Free campaign, the group is distributing its new poster, featuring not only Mrs. Obama, but talk-show queens Tyra Banks and Oprah Winfrey and country music superstar Carrie Underwood, throughout Metro stations to show how glamorous women can be “fur free and fabulous.”
You will recall: We reported earlier this year that Mrs. Obama would not include fur in her wardrobe. And, according to PETA, Miss Banks and Miss Winfrey have encouraged their fans to not wear fur for years because of the purported cruelty animals endure on fur farms.
Our friends at Predicto.com — which bills itself as the largest paid mobile community — have put together a list of the top five celebrity “sexters” for 2009. For those of you unfamiliar with the bawdy ways one can use technology, sexting refers to sending risque text messages on cell phones to crushes and would-be paramours.
The sexting craze is primarily thought of as being a pastime of giddy teenagers. But it seems the urge to “sext” has found its way into the minds (and hands) of the stars.
Predicto’s No. 5 choice is “High School Musical” star Vanessa Hudgens, who, through texting, sent nude photos to her boyfriend, actor Zac Efron. Not surprisingly, the racy shots ended up on the Internet.
At No. 4: reality TV personality Jon Gosselin, who was caught sexting a much younger woman “rather than paying attention to his eight kids.” Is it any wonder he and wife Kate divorced this year?
No. 3 is singer Chris Brown, who, according to Predicto.com, unleashed a violent attack on his girlfriend, “Umbrella” singer Rihanna, because she confronted him about his sexting with another woman.
Dethroned beauty-queen-turned-political-lightening-rod Carrie Prejean admitted to sexting with her boyfriend on NBC’s “Today,” earning her the No. 2 spot on the list.
And at No. 1, it’s embattled golf great Tiger Woods, who reportedly was caught red-handed sexting one of his reported mistresses by his wife, Elin.
Moral of the story: Don’t text. A picture is worth 1,000 words — and speaks volumes.
Bundle of joy
About the Author
TWT Video Picks
By returning to goodness, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- Russian fighter jet buzzes U.S. Navy destroyer in Black Sea
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Kirsten Dunst: Actress sparks feminist ire: 'You need a man to be a man'
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- PHILLIPS: What did Harry Reid know and when did he know it?
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes