- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
GREEN & GLOVER: Cover girls
Question of the Day
Fab and furless
We’re used to seeing first lady Michelle Obama grace the covers of a wide variety of glossy magazines, but we had to do a double take when we saw her smiling visage on a promotional poster for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, also known as PETA.
As part of PETA’s Make D.C. Fur Free campaign, the group is distributing its new poster, featuring not only Mrs. Obama, but talk-show queens Tyra Banks and Oprah Winfrey and country music superstar Carrie Underwood, throughout Metro stations to show how glamorous women can be “fur free and fabulous.”
You will recall: We reported earlier this year that Mrs. Obama would not include fur in her wardrobe. And, according to PETA, Miss Banks and Miss Winfrey have encouraged their fans to not wear fur for years because of the purported cruelty animals endure on fur farms.
Our friends at Predicto.com — which bills itself as the largest paid mobile community — have put together a list of the top five celebrity “sexters” for 2009. For those of you unfamiliar with the bawdy ways one can use technology, sexting refers to sending risque text messages on cell phones to crushes and would-be paramours.
The sexting craze is primarily thought of as being a pastime of giddy teenagers. But it seems the urge to “sext” has found its way into the minds (and hands) of the stars.
Predicto’s No. 5 choice is “High School Musical” star Vanessa Hudgens, who, through texting, sent nude photos to her boyfriend, actor Zac Efron. Not surprisingly, the racy shots ended up on the Internet.
At No. 4: reality TV personality Jon Gosselin, who was caught sexting a much younger woman “rather than paying attention to his eight kids.” Is it any wonder he and wife Kate divorced this year?
No. 3 is singer Chris Brown, who, according to Predicto.com, unleashed a violent attack on his girlfriend, “Umbrella” singer Rihanna, because she confronted him about his sexting with another woman.
Dethroned beauty-queen-turned-political-lightening-rod Carrie Prejean admitted to sexting with her boyfriend on NBC’s “Today,” earning her the No. 2 spot on the list.
And at No. 1, it’s embattled golf great Tiger Woods, who reportedly was caught red-handed sexting one of his reported mistresses by his wife, Elin.
Moral of the story: Don’t text. A picture is worth 1,000 words — and speaks volumes.
Bundle of joy
About the Author
TWT Video Picks
President wants everyone but himself to pay more
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Ted Nugent loses second casino gig for 'racist remarks'
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Afghan who killed three U.S. Marines in 2012 to serve over 7-year prison sentence
- EDITORIAL: Obama's 'economic patriotism' means higher taxes
- HUSAIN: Fleeing Iraqi Christians find safe haven at the Shrine of Imam Ali
- Brian Kelly, Notre Dame ready for different route to title
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq