- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
- Muslims offended that 9/11 museum movie speaks of jihad
- Obama marks Armenian massacre, avoids using the word ‘genocide’
- Gov. Rick Perry: ‘It’s not a dare, it’s a promise’; Texas will fight BLM
- Howard Dean cheers Obama’s approach to Russian aggression
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s childhood nickname? ‘The Surprise’
- Democrat Grimes backs Keystone XL pipeline in Kentucky Senate race
- China spends for 17 new warships as U.S. cuts back military
- In Japan, Obama plays soccer with a robot and warns students of climate change
- FDA proposes ban on e-cigarette sales to minors
Saunders fumes as Wizards regress
Then came the familiar refrain for the Wizards.
They traded baskets with the Thunder for the first four minutes and led 90-89. Then came the collapse. And the boys with local flavor dressed in OKC uniforms took advantage.
Former Virginia Commonwealth standout Eric Maynor drove for a layup, then Georgetown product Jeff Green followed with one of his own. D.C. native Kevin Durant drove baseline and flushed an easy two-handed jam, and Green came back with a 3-pointer. In less than two minutes, the Thunder had gone from two down to up 98-92.
Russell Westbrook scored seven straight points as the Thunder closed out the game and earned their fourth straight victory against Washington.
That iced a victorious homecoming for Durant, who led the Thunder with 35 points, 11 rebounds and four assists, and Green, who had 18 points and four rebounds. Washington’s nonexistent defense made 28 points from Jamison, 24 from Gilbert Arenas and double-digit scoring from the other three starters insignificant.
About the Author
- Wizards respond on practice court
- Saunders flips out about Wizards' defense
- Saunders fumes as Wizards regress
- Wizards close out 2009 with another loss
- Late breakdown costs Wizards in Memphis
Latest Blog Entries
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- 'Conservatives' should feel exposed by Bundy's racist comments: Scarborough
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014