- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
- Law firm that cleared N.J. Gov. Christie in ‘Bridgegate’ gave 10K to RGA, which he heads
Not Sarah’s folks
The leaders at the 63,000-member site noted weird posts late in the week “from individuals who seemed overwhelmingly racist, bigoted, and in general unsavory sorts posing as Palin, and traditionalist values, supporters.”
According to an account by William Collier at the RedState diary, the Freedomist, Team Sarah has 15 pages of evidence, including “screen shots, ID’s, and IP’s of a number of individuals who have planned an effort, and attempted to implement it, to act as agent provocateurs and discredit Team Sarah by planting racist and other unsavory material as if they were members.”
The charges of racism at Team Sarah have been made at the Huffington Post and elsewhere in the liberal blogosphere.
“It is the equivalent of framing the innocent, it is pure dirty tricks. And it is vile. We call upon all principled Liberals to condemns these actions,” Mr. Collier wrote.
Mr. Collier blamed the attacks on an “aptly named” site called somethingawful.com and linked to excerpts of the discussions there. A sample:
• “It’s our duty to steer the site away from reason and into the realms of racism and insanity just in time for the 2012 primaries.”
• “Let’s see how many people I can race bait.”
• “Also is america4AMERICANS one of us or what.”
• “Haha this is one of you guys right?”
• “Does anyone know how to get unbanned there? I would have to change my IP, wouldn’t I? … E-mail the admin saying you left yourself signed in at a public computer and that someone must have posted those things after you left. Usually works on sites like that.”
The death of Hamas leader Nizar Rayan from an Israeli bomb went unmourned in much of the West, but not in the liberal British daily the Guardian. It wrote a laudatory obituary, giving fits to Mary Katharine Ham at the Weekly Standard blog.
“The Guardian is now eulogizing terrorist leaders in official ‘obituaries’ chock-full of euphemisms and moral equivalence. Not news stories, but obituaries.
About the Author
- '12 Years a Slave,' 'Gravity' take top honors at Oscars
- Cruz, Lee among top scorers in ACU conservative survey
- CNN to cancel Piers Morgan show amid ratings collapse
- Lineman likely to become NFL's first openly gay player
- Christian film stripped of 'Best Song' Oscar nomination
Latest Blog Entries
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- Josh Romney swipes Harry Reid with photo tweet of dad paying taxes 'your paycheck'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.