- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Obama gown designer to remain a mystery
In a break with precedent, the designer of Michelle Obama’s Inaugural gown will not be disclosed before Inauguration Day, according to a fashion industry insider who requested anonymity.
That will leave fashionistas breathless and will break with years of history. The designer of the First Lady’s gown has traditionally been released in advance — with a great deal of hype and excitement.
But not this year.
An aide to Mrs. Obama who asked not to be identified confirmed that “an announcement may not be made until Tuesday.” Next Tuesday, Jan. 20, is Inauguration Day.
About the Author
Stephanie Green is an arts and culture reporter for The Washington Times and, with Elizabeth Glover, the co-author of Green and Glover, the paper’s personalities column. Before joining The Times, Stephanie was a reporter for the Alexandria Times and a contributing writer and editor of Capitol File magazine. Her work has also appeared in Washingtonian. Stephanie worked on C-SPAN’s 2006 ...
- Times announces newsroom layoffs
- Deaf theater staff member inspires customers, colleagues
- Disney's latest breaks barriers, to viewers' delight
- BOOKS: 'Coco Chanel & Igor Stravinsky'
- Sage Advice
Latest Blog Entries
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Glenn Beck takes on Hollywood with big movie production plans
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.