- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Puerto Rico
STILL DREAMING: MY JOURNEY FROM THE BARRIO TO CAPITOL HILL
Maryland won its early season tournament. George Washington and Georgetown did not. Yet the Colonials and Hoyas helped their cause more than the Terps
Six people were arrested for drunk driving and at least 72 others fined as drivers took a caravan through the streets of San Juan, Puerto Rico, to honor "Fast & Furious" star Paul Walker, police said.
Heading into Georgetown's Saturday home game against Lipscomb, senior Markel Starks opens up on mid-major woes, forging an identity and Joshua Smith's sizable role.
Georgetown starts a four-game homestand on Saturday, providing a chance for coach John Thompson III fine tune his schemes and rotations.
D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera had 26 points and Georgetown fought off Virginia Commonwealth in the second half to hang on for an 84-80 victory in the fifth-place game of the Puerto Rico Tip-Off.
The Rams outran the Hoyas in their previous meeting in the 2011 when they blew out Georgetown in the second round of the NCAA tournament on their way to the Final Four. It was close throughout this time around.
The Huskies (2-2) trailed by as many as 14 in the first half, but repeatedly outmuscled the Hoyas (1-2) underneath in the closing minutes.
Georgetown's offense disappeared after halftime as did its hopes of winning the Puerto Rico Tip-Off following a 63-56 loss to Northeastern. Analysis here.
VCU fell to Florida State in the opening round of the Puero Rico Tip-Off.
The road less traveled brought Peter Uihlein back to a familiar place. He was home in South Florida, finally, after a remarkable golf season that took some unexpected turns while covering six tours in 18 countries, three U.S. states and Puerto Rico.
Tuesday marks the 520th anniversary of Christopher Columbus' arrival in Puerto Rico. Since that time, the island's political status has been colonial in nature.
College hoops practices started earlier than ever this season. Sounds like a coach's dream, right? GW's Mike Lonergan says not at all.
John Beilein hopes his team has learned the right lessons from last season's NCAA tournament run, when Michigan came within a few points of a national title.
Jimmy Walker finally won on the PGA Tour in his eighth year and 188th tournament, and with a little help from Brooks Koepka.