- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Thursday through Sunday, Greensboro (N.C.) Coliseum
PLAYER TO WATCH
Marissa Coleman, Maryland
Teammate Kristi Toliver may garner more attention, but Coleman has been the ACC’s best player over the past month. The senior averaged 22.0 points during the Terrapins‘ nine-game winning streak to close out the regular season and posted career highs in scoring (32 against Boston College ) and rebounds (16 against Miami) last week.
The Tar Heels are the No. 4 seed this year, but they have won this tournament the past four years. They will have no shortage of supporters in Greensboro, which can only bode well considering their four conference losses came on the road. Until another team proves it can beat North Carolina in this tournament, Sylvia Hatchell’s bunch remains the favorite.
The surprising Seminoles sat atop the standings for the majority of the past two months. With wins over Duke and North Carolina and a one-point loss to Maryland, Florida State proved it can play with the ACC’s elite. But those strong showings all came at home, and the Seminoles have a chance to prove they can win away from Tallahassee.
MOST TO GAIN
Two weeks ago, the Demon Deacons were 5-5 in the ACC and seemed destined for an NCAA tournament berth. But after dropping its last four conference games, Wake Forest is sitting on the bubble. With top-seeded Maryland waiting in the second round, a strong showing this weekend could get the Demon Deacons back into the field.
About the Author
- Navy catching recruits' attention
- UCLA's Ayers grabs interception, MVP nod
- Another slow start sets the tone for Redskins
- Bench sparks Wizards to comeback win
- Dobbs rushes Navy past Army
Latest Blog Entries
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Washington Redskins' 2014 schedule opens with Texans
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014