- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Thursday through Sunday, Greensboro (N.C.) Coliseum
PLAYER TO WATCH
Marissa Coleman, Maryland
Teammate Kristi Toliver may garner more attention, but Coleman has been the ACC’s best player over the past month. The senior averaged 22.0 points during the Terrapins‘ nine-game winning streak to close out the regular season and posted career highs in scoring (32 against Boston College ) and rebounds (16 against Miami) last week.
The Tar Heels are the No. 4 seed this year, but they have won this tournament the past four years. They will have no shortage of supporters in Greensboro, which can only bode well considering their four conference losses came on the road. Until another team proves it can beat North Carolina in this tournament, Sylvia Hatchell’s bunch remains the favorite.
The surprising Seminoles sat atop the standings for the majority of the past two months. With wins over Duke and North Carolina and a one-point loss to Maryland, Florida State proved it can play with the ACC’s elite. But those strong showings all came at home, and the Seminoles have a chance to prove they can win away from Tallahassee.
MOST TO GAIN
Two weeks ago, the Demon Deacons were 5-5 in the ACC and seemed destined for an NCAA tournament berth. But after dropping its last four conference games, Wake Forest is sitting on the bubble. With top-seeded Maryland waiting in the second round, a strong showing this weekend could get the Demon Deacons back into the field.
About the Author
- Navy catching recruits' attention
- UCLA's Ayers grabs interception, MVP nod
- Another slow start sets the tone for Redskins
- Bench sparks Wizards to comeback win
- Dobbs rushes Navy past Army
Latest Blog Entries
By Tammy Bruce
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- Otter attacks, kills alligator at Florida wildlife refuge
- Calif. shop facing angry fire pulls 'smart gun' from shelves
- R-S-P-E-C-T: Find out what it means for Obama
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again