- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
- HUMPRHIES: The Liberal Bully of the Week is …
- Secret Service threatened to kill Mr. Met if he got close to Clinton, mascot claims
Story of Ravens’ Oher about to hit big screen
Given that some veterans can’t or won’t change sides, Oher impressed the Ravens staff with how he accepted the challenge.
“This is a very unique guy,” offensive coordinator Cam Cameron said. “He’s special.”
Offensive line coach John Matsko said it was “interesting” watching Oher deal with Allen.
“The first time, Jared made the inside move. Michael didn’t block it, and [Allen] hit the quarterback,” Matsko said. “The next time he bulled Michael. And the next time he had the speed rush. After each one, he came to the sidelines and we said, ‘Well, Mike, you’ve seen his best stuff now. You’ve got to get up with the speed of it.’
“I think Michael competed against him. I thought he grew from each play, and I think he learned about himself and how good Jared Allen is. I think he really grew and benefited from the experience.”
In a moment of candor, Oher afterward cited Allen’s big salary and said there was “nothing special” about him. Uh-oh. When the fiery, outspoken Allen heard about that, he ripped Oher. One of the words Allen used was “idiot.”
There still is much for Oher to learn, but no one is worried about him. Besides, he has been through a lot worse.
“He’s a real man of integrity, an unbelievable kid, a very, very humble man,” Matsko said. “He has a real passion for helping people and a real passion for being the best he can. … He’s very bright, very bright. He practices hard, he studies hard, he’s very focused in the meetings. And he really, really tries to do it the way you teach him.”
About the Author
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.