- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
First Down: 2010 World Series favorites
THE BEST OF THE WEEKEND IN SPORTS
Ravens at Bengals
Baltimore handed Denver its first loss last week and can get back into contention with a victory over surprising Cincinnati.
Cowboys at Eagles
Philadelphia made a big statement by trouncing the Giants on Sunday. But Tony Romo and friends want to take command of the NFC East.
No. 9 LSU at No. 3 Alabama
The Crimson Tide dropped out of the top two in the BCS standings last week, but a victory over the Tigers might put them right back in the title hunt.
Magic at Thunder
Check out Dwight Howard and the defending Eastern Conference champs against scoring machine Kevin Durant.
TWT FIVE ” WORLD SERIES FAVORITES FOR 2010
1.Yankees - Duh. New York likely will let Johnny Damon or Hideki Matsui walk, but the franchise still will have the highest payroll. Its core group of players - though aging - will be back and looking for a repeat.
2.Phillies - The 2008 champs will bring back most of their high-powered offense, and a full season of Cliff Lee should put them in good shape for another great season.
3.Red Sox - Boston could use an upgrade on offense, but it has the resources to improve.
4.Cardinals - They proved to be one of the best teams in the National League in 2009 but just didn’t get it done in the playoffs. It will be interesting to see if new hitting coach Mark McGwire can add some punch.
5.Orioles - We have to put one sleeper on here. Baltimore’s rebuilding process could be done; its crop of young starters is ready to go at the major league level. Also look for breakout seasons from center fielder Adam Jones and right fielder Nick Markakis.
SHE SAID WHAT?
“He was so vain. He had not one but two painted portraits of himself as a centaur. You know, the half-man, half-horse figure. It was ridiculous.”
- An ex-girlfriend of Alex Rodriguez’s, according to US Weekly
About the Author
- First Down: Best weekend bets
- SportsBiz: What the next decade holds
- Shifting sands for NCAA
- Monumental sports year will connect fans on a global scale
- SportsBiz: Selling a new career
Latest Blog Entries
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- FITTON: A closer look at the Benghazi lie
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- 'Dude, I'm dreading that I will have to go': Czech prime minister on Mandela funeral
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
Crystal Wright is a black conservative woman living in Washington, D.C.
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Why can’t humans just be free to be humans?
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow