- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Rep. Marsha Blackburn: Hillary Clinton won’t be first female president
- French president accuses Syria’s Assad of gassing his own citizens
- Jimmy Carter’s grandson makes gains in governor’s race in Georgia
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al Qaeda training camps
- Easter worshippers shocked as car rams church, injuring 21
- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
EXCLUSIVE: Murtha, Moran steer millions to software firm
Meanwhile, Mr. Mazonkey acknowledged that Mr. Murtha has continued to get earmarks for MobilVox:
— A $1.45 million earmark in the 2007 appropriations bill for a database to make it easier for the Navy to analyze its information on IEDs.
— An earmark in Homeland Security’s 2009 budget requiring it to spend $1 million to purchase a MobilVox geospatial tool to help law enforcement respond to terrorist attacks. It was his only earmark in the Department of Homeland Security budget for that year.
— An additional $2 million for the MobilVox geospatial tool in the 2010 Homeland Security budget, although the request did not appear in the version of the Homeland Security bill that passed the House Appropriations Committee.
Mr. Mazonkey said every earmark request “is properly vetted and, in the end, we recommend funding only those that are cost effective and have value to the government and community.”
About the Author
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- In Colorado, a marijuana holiday tries to go mainstream
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.