- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
For many players, Redskins’ finale is fringe benefit
Candidates: Marcus Mason, Anthony Alridge and Dominique Dorsey.
First three games: Mason picked up where he left off last August. He leads the Redskins in rushes (25), yards (87) and touchdowns (one) in his third attempt to make the 53-man roster. He’s also tied for second in receptions with five.
Analysis: With Clinton Portis being held out, Ladell Betts expected to exit early and Rock Cartwright nursing a groin injury, Mason will get the bulk of the work against Jacksonville. He’s facing three competitors: numbers, Alridge and Dorsey. Alridge is the most formidable foe because of his superior athleticism. Even if Mason has another great game, he’ll need some politicking on his behalf from the coaching staff to make the squad.
Quote: “The challenge has been put out to a lot of guys, and certainly the younger players are trying to step up and make this football team,” Zorn said.
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- BRUCE: Obama deliberately emboldening America's enemies
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Critics rail against liberal bias for commencement speakers
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.