- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
- Hillary: ‘Dead broke’ comment was ‘inartful,’ but insists it was ‘accurate’
For many players, Redskins’ finale is fringe benefit
Question of the Day
Candidates: Marcus Mason, Anthony Alridge and Dominique Dorsey.
First three games: Mason picked up where he left off last August. He leads the Redskins in rushes (25), yards (87) and touchdowns (one) in his third attempt to make the 53-man roster. He’s also tied for second in receptions with five.
Analysis: With Clinton Portis being held out, Ladell Betts expected to exit early and Rock Cartwright nursing a groin injury, Mason will get the bulk of the work against Jacksonville. He’s facing three competitors: numbers, Alridge and Dorsey. Alridge is the most formidable foe because of his superior athleticism. Even if Mason has another great game, he’ll need some politicking on his behalf from the coaching staff to make the squad.
Quote: “The challenge has been put out to a lot of guys, and certainly the younger players are trying to step up and make this football team,” Zorn said.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- GOP Senate candidate: Obama needs to visit Central America
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Murdered teen texted boyfriend: 'OMG ... I think I'm being kidnapped'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in defamation case
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world