- 68,000 more file for unemployment — in one week
- Michigan bans in-state insurers from covering abortion
- Nancy Pelosi tells Democrats to pass budget: ‘Embrace the suck’
- Key Obamacare official: Last two months much harder than anyone hoped
- Sen. Mike Lee: We must stop ‘the prez’ from acting like the queen
- George Bush consoles Alabama kicker Cade Foster: You will be stronger
- Megachurch pastor with ties to Obama commits suicide
- WaPo to readers: Send us your ‘gun violence’ stories for Sandy Hook anniversary
- U.S. threatens Ukraine with sanctions over dispatch of riot police
- Canada doing away with door-to-door mail delivery by 2018
For many players, Redskins’ finale is fringe benefit
Question of the Day
Candidates: Marcus Mason, Anthony Alridge and Dominique Dorsey.
First three games: Mason picked up where he left off last August. He leads the Redskins in rushes (25), yards (87) and touchdowns (one) in his third attempt to make the 53-man roster. He’s also tied for second in receptions with five.
Analysis: With Clinton Portis being held out, Ladell Betts expected to exit early and Rock Cartwright nursing a groin injury, Mason will get the bulk of the work against Jacksonville. He’s facing three competitors: numbers, Alridge and Dorsey. Alridge is the most formidable foe because of his superior athleticism. Even if Mason has another great game, he’ll need some politicking on his behalf from the coaching staff to make the squad.
Quote: “The challenge has been put out to a lot of guys, and certainly the younger players are trying to step up and make this football team,” Zorn said.
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- MALCOLM/REIMER: Over-criminalization undermines respect for legal system
- MILLER: Dick Heller challenges D.C.s gun registration, files for summary judgment in Heller II
- KIBBE: Another Republican budget surrender
- Teen thugs in D.C. run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
- Inside the Ring: China targets Global Hawk drone
- Creator of 'Selfies at Funerals' blog retires after Obama flub: 'Our work here is done'
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Headlines from Associated Press and around the Internet
Positive propaganda for a nation in peril.
Politics, economics, and business from a real world perspective.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow