- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
To stay around, Alzner needs to ‘wow’ Caps
Question of the Day
He spent last season providing some of his thoughts and wit on a life in hockey with a pair of journalists whose audience is far from the stereotypical sports fan - Gemma Hooley and Chris Nelson of National Public Radio. Alzner and Brooks Laich conducted interviews with them on nearly a daily basis, and they also took recording devices home to provide audio diaries.
Hooley and Nelson produced short features from the material periodically throughout the season, and a 30-minute documentary called “Hockey Diaries: Ready to Play” will air nationally at the end of the month (Sept. 27 on WAMU 88.5 FM at 11 p.m. in the D.C. area). There also will be an hourlong version of the documentary available on the Internet.
“It was pretty cool,” Alzner said. “I can remember a lot of things that happened during the season more clearly because everything was documented. It was nice because it kind of slowed things down for me. I am very excited, and I know my mom is very excited as well. It will be interesting to see which clips they choose and what they left out. I’m sure it is cut well, so I don’t have to worry.”
About the Author
- The Capitals' Cup full of dreams
- Capitals' Green left off Canada's roster
- Capitals' new addition brings energy
- Capitals trade their captain to Columbus
- Disastrous first period dooms Capitals
Latest Blog Entries
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world