- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation in South Korea
- Militants kill 14 Algerian soldiers in ambush
- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
Hokies steal win from Nebraska
This time there would be no costly bobble: Roberts separated momentarily from a Nebraska defender in the back of the end zone, and Taylor delivered a perfect throw to the lunging receiver to send Lane Stadium into meltdown mode. With Virginia Tech leading 16-15 and only 21 seconds left, none of the delirious fans cared when Taylor’s two-point-conversion toss sailed incomplete.
The junior quarterback and his victorious mates deserve to bask in the glow of Saturday’s last-minute heroics for a few hours; perhaps fate owed them such a miracle after Boston College and Matt Ryan pulled off a similar Houdini act against the Hokies two seasons ago.
But the Hokies were outgained 343 yards to 278 and recorded just three second-half first downs before the fateful final drive - just a week before Miami visits Blacksburg. Behind sophomore quarterback Jacory Harris, the Hurricanes (2-0) looked masterful in their 33-17 decimation of Georgia Tech on Thursday. It likely will take far more than a packed house and a horseshoe to stop the Hurricanes.
About the Author
- Hoyas open Big East play with win
- Hoyas starting off with familiar test
- Back Judge: The bowl smorgasbord awaits
- Behind trio, Hoyas post matinee win
- Hoyas quickly bounce back
Latest Blog Entries
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- CHARLES: Holder's undermining of the law deserving of contempt
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- 'Deport Bieber' petition draws no comment from White House
- Critics rail against liberal bias for commencement speakers
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.