- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Hokies steal win from Nebraska
Question of the Day
This time there would be no costly bobble: Roberts separated momentarily from a Nebraska defender in the back of the end zone, and Taylor delivered a perfect throw to the lunging receiver to send Lane Stadium into meltdown mode. With Virginia Tech leading 16-15 and only 21 seconds left, none of the delirious fans cared when Taylor’s two-point-conversion toss sailed incomplete.
The junior quarterback and his victorious mates deserve to bask in the glow of Saturday’s last-minute heroics for a few hours; perhaps fate owed them such a miracle after Boston College and Matt Ryan pulled off a similar Houdini act against the Hokies two seasons ago.
But the Hokies were outgained 343 yards to 278 and recorded just three second-half first downs before the fateful final drive - just a week before Miami visits Blacksburg. Behind sophomore quarterback Jacory Harris, the Hurricanes (2-0) looked masterful in their 33-17 decimation of Georgia Tech on Thursday. It likely will take far more than a packed house and a horseshoe to stop the Hurricanes.
About the Author
- Hoyas open Big East play with win
- Hoyas starting off with familiar test
- Back Judge: The bowl smorgasbord awaits
- Behind trio, Hoyas post matinee win
- Hoyas quickly bounce back
Latest Blog Entries
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- State Department indicates Nouri al-Maliki's days numbered as Iraq prime minister
- Inside China: Massive flight woes and a missile test
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq