- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Hokies steal win from Nebraska
Question of the Day
This time there would be no costly bobble: Roberts separated momentarily from a Nebraska defender in the back of the end zone, and Taylor delivered a perfect throw to the lunging receiver to send Lane Stadium into meltdown mode. With Virginia Tech leading 16-15 and only 21 seconds left, none of the delirious fans cared when Taylor’s two-point-conversion toss sailed incomplete.
The junior quarterback and his victorious mates deserve to bask in the glow of Saturday’s last-minute heroics for a few hours; perhaps fate owed them such a miracle after Boston College and Matt Ryan pulled off a similar Houdini act against the Hokies two seasons ago.
But the Hokies were outgained 343 yards to 278 and recorded just three second-half first downs before the fateful final drive - just a week before Miami visits Blacksburg. Behind sophomore quarterback Jacory Harris, the Hurricanes (2-0) looked masterful in their 33-17 decimation of Georgia Tech on Thursday. It likely will take far more than a packed house and a horseshoe to stop the Hurricanes.
About the Author
- Hoyas starting off with familiar test
- Hoyas open Big East play with win
- Back Judge: The bowl smorgasbord awaits
- Behind trio, Hoyas post matinee win
- Hoyas quickly bounce back
Latest Blog Entries
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world