THE BEST OF THE WEEKEND IN SPORTS
Miami at Virginia Tech
The Hokies’ last-minute victory over Nebraska last week was huge. Even bigger would be beating the Hurricanes, who have emerged as a dark-horse contender for the BCS title.
Twins at Royals
Minnesota is still within striking distance of Detroit for the NL Central crown. This series against lowly Kansas City could prove helpful, but Cy Young candidate Zack Greinke is slated to start Sunday.
Chiefs at Eagles
Michael Vick is expected to make his debut for Philadelphia, but will he line up behind center? And will Donovan McNabb be healthy enough to play?
Tiger Woods and Steve Stricker are in a battle atop the FedEx Cup standings, but Padraig Harrington could take the $10 million prize by securing his only victory of the year.
TWT FIVE POSSIBLE ROLES FOR MICHAEL VICK ON SUNDAY
1. Quarterback - With Donovan McNabb nursing a fractured rib, Andy Reid could let Vick take most of the snaps and run the offense.
2. Wildcat option - He may not get 30 carries, but the Eagles could line Vick up in the backfield and present the defense with myriad possibilities to prepare for.
3. Receiver - Don’t be surprised if Vick is asked to go out for a pass. He’s probably still faster than many defensive backs.
4. Kick returner - Chances are the Eagles wouldn’t put Vick at risk by having him field kicks, but after some special teams errors last week, they may be willing to try something new.
5. Clipboard holder - After all the buzz, maybe Vick’s there just for moral support.