- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on ‘outdated’ agencies
- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
First Down: Virginia Tech vs. Miami
THE BEST OF THE WEEKEND IN SPORTS
Miami at Virginia Tech
The Hokies’ last-minute victory over Nebraska last week was huge. Even bigger would be beating the Hurricanes, who have emerged as a dark-horse contender for the BCS title.
Twins at Royals
Minnesota is still within striking distance of Detroit for the NL Central crown. This series against lowly Kansas City could prove helpful, but Cy Young candidate Zack Greinke is slated to start Sunday.
Chiefs at Eagles
Michael Vick is expected to make his debut for Philadelphia, but will he line up behind center? And will Donovan McNabb be healthy enough to play?
Tiger Woods and Steve Stricker are in a battle atop the FedEx Cup standings, but Padraig Harrington could take the $10 million prize by securing his only victory of the year.
TWT FIVE POSSIBLE ROLES FOR MICHAEL VICK ON SUNDAY
1. Quarterback - With Donovan McNabb nursing a fractured rib, Andy Reid could let Vick take most of the snaps and run the offense.
2. Wildcat option - He may not get 30 carries, but the Eagles could line Vick up in the backfield and present the defense with myriad possibilities to prepare for.
3. Receiver - Don’t be surprised if Vick is asked to go out for a pass. He’s probably still faster than many defensive backs.
4. Kick returner - Chances are the Eagles wouldn’t put Vick at risk by having him field kicks, but after some special teams errors last week, they may be willing to try something new.
5. Clipboard holder - After all the buzz, maybe Vick’s there just for moral support.
About the Author
- First Down: Best weekend bets
- SportsBiz: What the next decade holds
- Shifting sands for NCAA
- Monumental sports year will connect fans on a global scale
- SportsBiz: Selling a new career
Latest Blog Entries
Why such hatred toward America's freedom of religion?
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality: liberal group
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- Obama: Nelson Mandela now 'belongs to the ages'
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- Russian diplomats busted bilking $1.5 million from Medicaid
- Nelson Mandela, South Africa's first black president, dies at age 95
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
- Activists encourage Obama to circumvent Congress, use more executive authority
- Democratic infighting erupts over 'we can have it all' fantasy on entitlements
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.
Understanding economic events with a free market explanation
John Wood illustrates a new American politics, and the path to get there.
Interviews and show reviews from the Los Angeles punk scene past and present. Los Angeles has always been rich in punk rock talent since punk rock was born.
White House pets gone wild!