- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
First Down: Virginia Tech vs. Miami
Question of the Day
THE BEST OF THE WEEKEND IN SPORTS
Miami at Virginia Tech
The Hokies’ last-minute victory over Nebraska last week was huge. Even bigger would be beating the Hurricanes, who have emerged as a dark-horse contender for the BCS title.
Twins at Royals
Minnesota is still within striking distance of Detroit for the NL Central crown. This series against lowly Kansas City could prove helpful, but Cy Young candidate Zack Greinke is slated to start Sunday.
Chiefs at Eagles
Michael Vick is expected to make his debut for Philadelphia, but will he line up behind center? And will Donovan McNabb be healthy enough to play?
Tiger Woods and Steve Stricker are in a battle atop the FedEx Cup standings, but Padraig Harrington could take the $10 million prize by securing his only victory of the year.
TWT FIVE POSSIBLE ROLES FOR MICHAEL VICK ON SUNDAY
1. Quarterback - With Donovan McNabb nursing a fractured rib, Andy Reid could let Vick take most of the snaps and run the offense.
2. Wildcat option - He may not get 30 carries, but the Eagles could line Vick up in the backfield and present the defense with myriad possibilities to prepare for.
3. Receiver - Don’t be surprised if Vick is asked to go out for a pass. He’s probably still faster than many defensive backs.
4. Kick returner - Chances are the Eagles wouldn’t put Vick at risk by having him field kicks, but after some special teams errors last week, they may be willing to try something new.
5. Clipboard holder - After all the buzz, maybe Vick’s there just for moral support.
About the Author
- First Down: Best weekend bets
- SportsBiz: What the next decade holds
- Shifting sands for NCAA
- Monumental sports year will connect fans on a global scale
- SportsBiz: Selling a new career
Latest Blog Entries
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- PHILLIPS: Once-in-a-century stupidity
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world