- Donald Rumsfeld has ‘no idea’ if he paid taxes correctly
- Bradley Manning named honorary grand marshal of San Francisco Pride parade
- Look out PayPal: Facebook working toward mobile payments system
- U.S. rebukes Iran’s U.N. envoy pick over 1979 embassy attack
- Stoned mom avoids jail after driving 12 miles with baby on roof
- More than 100 ‘inappropriate’ encounters between NYC school staffers, students since 2009: report
- Joe Biden to Boston bombing survivors: ‘America will never, ever stand down’
- FBI failed to throughly vet Boston bombing suspect after Russian lead, report finds
- Atlanta Braves flooded with Hank Aaron hate mail: He’s a ‘scumbag’
- University: Help, our campus is too white
First Down: Virginia Tech vs. Miami
THE BEST OF THE WEEKEND IN SPORTS
Miami at Virginia Tech
The Hokies’ last-minute victory over Nebraska last week was huge. Even bigger would be beating the Hurricanes, who have emerged as a dark-horse contender for the BCS title.
Twins at Royals
Minnesota is still within striking distance of Detroit for the NL Central crown. This series against lowly Kansas City could prove helpful, but Cy Young candidate Zack Greinke is slated to start Sunday.
Chiefs at Eagles
Michael Vick is expected to make his debut for Philadelphia, but will he line up behind center? And will Donovan McNabb be healthy enough to play?
Tiger Woods and Steve Stricker are in a battle atop the FedEx Cup standings, but Padraig Harrington could take the $10 million prize by securing his only victory of the year.
TWT FIVE POSSIBLE ROLES FOR MICHAEL VICK ON SUNDAY
1. Quarterback - With Donovan McNabb nursing a fractured rib, Andy Reid could let Vick take most of the snaps and run the offense.
2. Wildcat option - He may not get 30 carries, but the Eagles could line Vick up in the backfield and present the defense with myriad possibilities to prepare for.
3. Receiver - Don’t be surprised if Vick is asked to go out for a pass. He’s probably still faster than many defensive backs.
4. Kick returner - Chances are the Eagles wouldn’t put Vick at risk by having him field kicks, but after some special teams errors last week, they may be willing to try something new.
5. Clipboard holder - After all the buzz, maybe Vick’s there just for moral support.
About the Author
- First Down: Best weekend bets
- SportsBiz: What the next decade holds
- Shifting sands for NCAA
- Monumental sports year will connect fans on a global scale
- SportsBiz: Selling a new career
Latest Blog Entries
By returning to goodness, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- Russian fighter jet buzzes U.S. Navy destroyer in Black Sea
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Kirsten Dunst: Actress sparks feminist ire: 'You need a man to be a man'
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- PHILLIPS: What did Harry Reid know and when did he know it?
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes