WEDNESDAY'S BEST BET ON TELEVISION
The U.S. men's national team has another World Cup qualifying match against Trinidad and Tobago in Port of Spain. 6:30 p.m., ESPN Classic
NEWSMAKERS " WHO'S MAKING HEADLINES THIS WEEK
His Airness glides into the Hall of Fame on Friday. We're assuming he'll pull a Mariah Carey and display both a Wizards and Bulls jersey.
One more victory would put the teenager in the semifinals of the U.S. Open, where she has assumed the role of crowd favorite.
The Patriots' coach showed emotion for the first time when Tedy Bruschi retired, then iced over and swindled the Raiders.
Anyone else notice him doing little more than watch from the sideline as his Seminoles mismanaged their way to a home loss to Miami?
The 42-year-old stirred PGA Tour player of the year talk after winning the Deutsche Bank Championship and taking the FedEx Cup lead.
TWT FIVE " WORST RAIDERS MOVES
1. Drafting Sebastian Janikowski in the first round - There were a lot of bad picks in 2000, but taking a kicker 17th overall is like waving a white flag.
2. Drafting Michael Huff seventh overall in 2006 - Six more Pro Bowl players went later in the round, and Huff doesn't even start.
3. Trading Randy Moss to the Patriots - Two years after dealing a first-round pick, a seventh-round selection and a player for Moss, Oakland gave him to New England for a fourth-round pick.
4. Trading for, signing and then waiving DeAngelo Hall - They gave up second- and fifth-round picks to get him, signed him to a huge deal, then cut him eight games into his first season.
5. Trading Jon Gruden - Not only did it rid the Raiders of the last coach that gave them credibility, they squandered the four draft picks, of course.
'Your papers, please' must never be heard in America
Independent voices from the TWT Communities
A mother of three and a passionate conservative, Shirley Husar changes the game.
Political satirist and Christian apologist Bob Siegel discusses religion and politics.
Columns from Voices around the World talking about the events, people, politics and social issues that concern us wherever, and whoever, we are.
Benghazi: The anatomy of a scandal
Vietnam Memorial adds four names
Cinco de Mayo on the Mall