- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Underwood, Paisley to host CMA Awards Nov. 10
Question of the Day
NASHVILLE, TENN. (AP) - Carrie Underwood’s wedding was one of the most special days of her life, but it will likely become fodder for jokes when she and Brad Paisley host the Country Music Association Awards for the third year in a row.
“It was big news in country music, so if it is that, it is fair game, as well as Nashville or current events,” he said in an interview with Underwood on Thursday. “It’s worth talking about anything like that that people will relate to.”
“Is it something you wanted or it’s in the pile of re-gift items?” asked Paisley.
“You’re going to get it back three Christmases from now,” said Underwood.
“I can’t wait to get that back,” said Paisley.
They also talked about Underwood’s wardrobe. She is known to switch up her outfits multiple times throughout the show, changing more than 10 times last year.
“I can’t change anymore than I did last year,” said Underwood. “I don’t think that’s a physical possibility, so I’m not going to try to outdo the costumes.”
So maybe it’s Paisley’s turn to change his outfits this year?
“I think that would be awesome,” said Underwood. “I’m going to stay in the same thing all night. I’m going to show up in my pajamas, and you’re going to do your thing.”
As for hosting together, the two have a natural timing and chemistry together that comes across on stage and in-person.
“I do feel like we do have our own roles that we fall into and compliment each other,” said Underwood.
“At this point three years later, we have each other pretty well figured out, so I think it will go really smooth,” said Paisley.
The CMA Awards air live on ABC from Bridgestone Arena.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world