- Michigan man among first in U.S. to get ‘bionic eye’
- JetBlue pilots vote to unionize; 2 previous attempts failed
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with ‘full-time’ robots
- Navy’s military dolphins may meet Putin’s porpoises in Black Sea
- Forget the Porsche — it’s the guy with the Prius that attracts the ladies, poll shows
- Fired Russian Facebook CEO says site has fallen in the hands of pro-Putin supporters
- Sen. Boozman of Arkansas has emergency heart surgery
- Brazil embraces drones to save the Amazon rain forest
- Teen stowaway shows holes in vast airport security
- Supreme Court to decide if passports can say ‘Jerusalem, Israel’
Jets release ex-Redskin Coles, waive 3 others
NEW YORK (AP) - The Jets have released Laveranues Coles, a move that likely signals the end of the popular wide receiver’s career.
The 32-year-old Coles, signed to his third tour with the Jets last month, had four catches for 19 yards in three preseason games. New York brought him back after one season with Cincinnati as insurance while Santonio Holmes sits out a four-game suspension for violating the league’s substance abuse policy.
Coles insisted throughout training camp that this would be his last stop. He has 674 career catches for 8,609 yards and 49 touchdowns
The Jets also have waived wide receivers Aundrae Allison and Marcus Henry, and defensive lineman Rodrique Wright, putting them at 75 players ahead of Tuesday’s mandatory league-wide cutdown.
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, renegade
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- IRS revokes conservative group's tax-exempt status over anti-Clinton statements: report
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- ORTEL: Putin sees opportunities as Obama turns away
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court upholds Michigan affirmative action ban
- Michelle Obama: Obama family Sundays are more for napping than church
- Bonuses given to IRS employes who owed back taxes
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.