- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
- CIA admits $3 billion intelligence operation was a flop
Falcons thriving as NFL’s least-penalized team
The Ravens’ ensuing drive began at their 28 instead. Eight plays later, Baltimore took a one-point lead with barely a minute remaining.
Like Weems against the Ravens, Atlanta strong safety William Moore was bailed out by his teammates in the Nov. 7 win over Tampa Bay. He was flagged for pass interference, but free safety ended the Bucs’ chances a few plays later by stuffing running back LeGarrette Blount on fourth-and-1 at the 2.
“It can cut both ways,” Moore said. “I’ve been fortunate to be in position to make some good plays on defense (with four interceptions), but I’m not perfect, and sometimes we make mistakes. What killed me was that the pass interference call came in the fourth quarter.”
That’s because Smith is always preaching about avoiding penalties that are less timely than others.
“We place a big emphasis on staying in a positive direction,” Falcons receiver Harry Douglas said. “When you start going negative, that’s when you find more losses.”
By Brahma Chellaney
Beijing's creeping aggression signals a challenge to U.S. presence in the Asian Pacific
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- Tech companies call for an end to NSA online snooping
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- WOLF: The president's other Obamacare lies
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- MILLER: Brady Campaign says Colorado recalls due to NRA, not grassroots opposition to gun control
- Mike Shanahan says he'd like to return; RG3 might be benched
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Brazen, leading-edge, “call it like it is” columns and reporting from Ohio native, radio host and writer, Sara Marie Brenner.
Let’s talk about everything, especially the absurdity of it all
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
Never apologetic. Never afraid. Lieutenant Colonel Allen B. West joins Communities to bring tales from the biggest Foxhole of them all, the one inside the Beltway.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow