- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
KNIGHT: A new meaning for ‘brothers in arms’
Repealing ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell’ can’t undo human nature
Question of the Day
* It’s important to emphasize that this battle is not over. For example, state Delegate Robert G. Marshall, Virginia Republican, has introduced legislation instructing the Virginia National Guard to bar homosexuality. That should spur similar legislation.
Virginia Col. Richard Black, U.S. Army retired, who was chief of the Army’s criminal-law division and who compiled a list of 100 cases of homosexual misconduct, said, “Congress must amend Article 125, UCMJ, to permit consensual sodomy, which is now a serious crime. Otherwise, an intractable conflict would remain between regulation and law.
“The statutory ban imposed by 10 USC 654 [the 1993 law passed by Congress and watered down to “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell”] was relatively new, dating back to the Clinton presidency. However, Gen. George Washington first instituted the ban in the Continental Army in 1778 by drumming out those who engaged in acts of sodomy. The homosexual ban has been maintained ever since. Obama breaks a 232-year military policy.”
A more conservative Congress should restore the law. At some point, America’s temporary plunge into moral insanity must end, or it will be the end of this self-governing republic that God has blessed so richly - up to now.
Robert Knight is a senior writer for Coral Ridge Ministries and the author of the new book “The Truth About Marriage: Defending God’s Plan for the Family” (2010, coralridge.org).
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Cutler wins endorsement from gun control group
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Man says he shot burglar who said she was pregnant
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch