- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Hill Dems set to pivot to job creation
Question of the Day
Public polling shows that voters’ appetite for the health bill is waning as the debate has dragged on for more than a year.
Fifty-five percent of participants in a Gallup poll conducted Jan. 20 said Congress should end the work on its current bills and consider alternatives that have wider support.
A Rasmussen Reports poll completed Jan. 20 and 21 had similar findings: 61 percent of respondents say Congress should drop plans to pass any health bill and move toward work on the economy and job creation.
The Massachusetts election — in which Mr. Brown’s pledge to vote against health reform was a cornerstone — has had tremendous impact, polls show. Seventy-two percent of respondents in the Gallup Poll said the race reflects Americans’ frustrations.
Hoping to prevent further electoral surprises, Mr. Obama has recruited David Plouffe, the political mind behind his presidential campaign, to return to the White House.
White House spokesman Robert Gibbs told “Fox News Sunday” that Mr. Plouffe will, “help supplement an already good political staff led by Patrick Gaspard in the White House in helping us watch the 2010 elections, the gubernatorial, the Senate and the House elections, that will obviously be important to the direction of the country.”
About the Author
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- ON THE RUN: Competition for Redskins backup running back is heating up
- Obama vows veto of House border bill
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors