- Al Qaeda nets $125M from ransom payoffs from Europe since 2008
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
- Landslide hits Indian village; 150 may be trapped
- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
- Islamist militants seize special forces base in Benghazi, Libya
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women’s fitness tests
- Israel accused of striking U.N. school, killing at least 15
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Bring back the capitalist model
Question of the Day
Socialism will not ensure the flourishing of our nation. It is no surprise that the prescription for our success as authored by President Obama is just that.
Our current president has never held a real job, and he is the direct product of an indoctrination that places a premium on government intervention. It is the sole source of his trust. He lies prostrate at the foot of this almighty god of the state and simply does not understand the contrary, for it is not within his philosophical DNA.
It is time to commit to the good of capitalism and empower the nation with the will and incentive to take risk in hope of high rewards. Petty sideshows of $1,000 tax credits to “incentivize” us to play according to this new world order are insults to common sense.
The so-called “robber barons” were men of genius and commerce, willing to take the risks to create empires. Those empires led to jobs, prosperity and, indeed, the hunger of others to become successful. This is not evil - it is good. Look down from the top of Rockefeller Center and regard the result.
The only thing the government built were tunnels and bridges to ferry people to their place of work. There is no chance that Mr. Obama’s vision and cult of envy will succeed at anything other than destroying those very same forces of capitalism that created so much for so many.
Do we want our children all to have a chance at such reward? Or do we dream that they will work for the state with no prospects on the horizon and only fear to fuel more envy and certain mediocrity? The latter is the same recipe that led us to elect Mr. Obama president of the United States.
ROBERT F. AGOSTINELLI
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of politicizing business
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone