- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
- HUMPRHIES: The Liberal Bully of the Week is …
- Secret Service threatened to kill Mr. Met if he got close to Clinton, mascot claims
‘Deadliest Catch’ crewman convicted
EUGENE — A crab boat deckhand who appeared on the “Deadliest Catch” reality-TV show has pleaded guilty to three Oregon bank robbery charges and been sentenced to nine years in prison.
The shackled 23-year-old Joshua Tell Warner apologized to tellers who attended the hearing Wednesday in Lane County Circuit Court.
The Register-Guard reports Warner robbed a Eugene bank in October 2007 before he joined the crew of the Wizard and robbed two other banks last year after his stint in Alaska.
Warner’s attorney, John Kolego, says the TV appearance led to his arrest. Viewers who recognized Warner as a suspect in the robberies called police last fall, and a warrant was issued. He was arrested in a traffic stop in East Peoria, Ill.
Western peak among endangered war sites
RICHMOND — The Civil War Preservation Trust’s 2010 edition of the nation’s most-endangered historic battlefields includes Gettysburg, the Wilderness Battlefield in Virginia and a Western entry.
That would be Picacho Peak in Arizona, which is slated to close June 3 because of state budget cuts.
It is among the top 10 most-threatened Civil War battlefields contained in the trust’s annual report, released Thursday.
The list of battlefields threatened by development or neglect includes some in states where the Civil War still resonates on the eve of its 150th anniversary. They are located primarily in the South and the mid-Atlantic.
• From wire dispatches and staff reports
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.