- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Portrait Gallery presents ‘Peanuts’ creator Schulz
Question of the Day
WASHINGTON (AP) - A photograph of "Peanuts" comic strip creator Charles Schulz is being presented to the Smithsonian's National Portrait Gallery in recognition of his impact on millions of people around the world.
The Friday presentation comes a day before a family festival at the museum with Snoopy and a screening of the film, "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown."
Schulz died 10 years ago and Saturday marks the 60th anniversary of the "Peanuts" strip. It continues to appear in more than 2,200 newspapers in 75 different countries.
The photograph of Schulz by portraitist Yousuf Karsh is the gallery's first image of the famous cartoonist. It depicts Schulz at his drawing board with a partially completed comic of Charlie Brown and Lucy.
National Portrait Gallery: http://www.npg.si.edu/
TWT Video Picks
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- Tom Petty: 'No one's got Christ more wrong than the Christians'
- Cutler wins endorsement from gun control group
- Eugenie Bouchard pulls out of D.C.'s Citi Open
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq