- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
A-Rod and Teixeira return to Texas with Yankees
Question of the Day
“I loved playing there, loved living there,” said Teixeira, who moved to Connecticut last offseason. “I have a lot of friends I’m going to see in Texas. We’ll probably go to dinner tomorrow night. And a lot of tickets to give away, too.”
“As you saw last night in the first five innings, they stole three runs,” he said. “Always expect the unexpected with them because they’re overly aggressive, both on the bases, defensively and offensively. They do a very good job of attacking.”
He only saw part of Game 5 against Tampa Bay.
“Then I went to watch a movie,” he said. “`Social Network.’ You should read the book.”
NOTES: CC Sabathia will start Friday night’s opener in Texas, with Phil Hughes now set to pitch Game 2. Andy Pettitte moves back to Game 3 and A.J. Burnett will pitch Game 4 in New York on Tuesday _ his first appearance since Oct. 2. In the first-round sweep of Minnesota, Pettitte followed Sabathia. Hughes started the clincher. … Burnett hit Greg Golson and Austin Kearns with pitches during a simulated game.
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world