- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
NUGENT BOOK REVIEW: A savage display of conservative intellectual firepower
Trickle Up Poverty
By Michael Savage
William Morrow, $26.99,
Reviewed by Ted Nugent
If Dirty Harry wrote books instead of blowing away bad guys, he would have written “Trickle Up Poverty.” Thankfully, Michael Savage wrote it instead. Instead of wielding a .44 magnum Smith & Wesson and cleaning up the streets of San Francisco like Dirty Harry, Mr. Savage banged away on the keyboard with magnum force and wrote a conservative magnum manifesto in “Trickle Up Poverty.”
While relaxing in my deer blind waiting to put an arrow through the pump station of an ultra-alert Texas whitetail deer, I read Mr. Savage’s new book. Instead of my predator eyes scanning the Texas brush for the slightest hint of movement, I found myself focused instead on Mr. Savage’s dead-eye truth and common-sense words. This may have been the very first time in my hunting life that my predator attention was focused completely on something other than grocery shopping for a whitetail deer.
Many of us know Mr. Savage as the irrepressible, intelligent and highly entertaining AM radio talk-show tour de force. His radio program is the antidote for all things politically correct, status quo, brain-dead and anti-freedom.
Mr. Savage’s no-holds-barred radio speech got him banned from entering the United Kingdom after some liberal Limey socialist bureaucrat claimed Mr. Savage is a provocateur of hate speech. Addicted to free speech and logic, Winston Churchill would have fired the Limey bureaucrat and recommended that the queen make Mr. Savage a knight.
In typical left-wing slash-and-burn politics, liberal goons can’t stand an opposing argument and self-evident truth, which is why they resort to squawking about how conservatives are racist, homophobic and the standard whining when no sound argument can be offered. Mr. Savage crushes these numbskulls in an avalanche of historical references, conservative ideology and common sense. The truth contained in “Trickle Up Poverty” could ultimately set them free, or they can cling to their liberal bias and blindness and remain shackled and enslaved in their hopeless denial. Who needs Comedy Central when the parade of clowns just won’t go away?
“Trickle Up Poverty” is a blazing flamethrower of truth that burns through subjects such as how President Obama’s policies are crushing the middle class, the societal suicide of open borders and illegal immigration, the curse of ACORN, czars, the health care fraud and other such America-destroying horror stories. Written in a passionate, full-auto style and painstakingly researched, each chapter will arm you with a stockpile of intellectual ammo.
Michael Savage swings a literary crowbar of truth and writes with a sledgehammer style. He pulls no punches and goes right for the jugular with facts, not vacuous hyperbole like “hope and change.” Mr. Savage is my kind of radio host and my kind of writer. I crave all things bold, unapologetic, defiant, witty and smart. “Trickle Up Poverty” satisfies my cravings and then some. Read it and then dance naked around the campfire of truth.
If anything, “Trickle Up Poverty” exposes the radical Marxist governing abuses and ideologies of the Obamacrats. Mr. Savage not only exposes how the Marxists in power are doing their best to destroy America, but offers antidotes to their intentional ultra-destructo Saul Alinsky playbook with pragmatic, common-sense solutions that would cause our forefathers to nod proudly in agreement. Mr. Savage is their kind of patriot. Mr. Obama and his army of Fedzillacrats, not so much.
One of my jobs is to cause liberal loons to thrash about in uncontrollable anger. “Trickle Up Poverty” will cause idiots, commies, socialists, Fedzillacrats and various left-wing apologists and assorted bloodsuckers to overheat instantly and then spontaneously combust. Burn, baby, burn.
“Trickle Up Poverty” is intellectual ammunition. Lock and load. Every American who wishes to return to the great American way should read this book and gift it to everybody he cares about.
Ted Nugent is an unstoppable American rock ‘n’ roll, sporting and political activist icon. He is author of “Ted, White and Blue: The Nugent Manifesto” and “God, Guns & Rock ‘N’ Roll” (Regnery Publishing).
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Get Breaking Alerts
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Obama tries to calm Israeli fears over Iranian nuke deal 'not based on trust'
- 'Dude, I'm dreading that I will have to go': Czech prime minister on Mandela funeral
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- KNIGHT: Can the ACLU force Catholic hospitals to perform abortions?
- EDITORIAL: Our ideological president
- Craigslist killers: Police say newlyweds stabbed man for thrills
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics