- ‘X-Men’ director Bryan Singer accused of sexually abusing a boy
- Tennessee ammunition site explodes, killing 1
- U.N.: Iran cuts stock closest to nuke-arms grade
- Oklahoma gay-marriage case before U.S. appeals court
- Times wins two awards from Society for Professional Journalists
- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
BOOK REVIEW: ‘Berlin at War’
There would be no “peace” for Berlin, for the arrival of the Red Army would bring a brutal Soviet occupation and an estimated 4,000 suicides among Berliners. But this reviewer was dry-eyed at the fate of a city that had enjoyed the good years but took no responsibility for the bad.
Biographer and historian John M. Taylor lives in McLean, Va.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Forgotten Ally'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Small Wars, Faraway Places'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Men Who Lost America'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Guns at Last Light'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'E.B. White on Dogs'
Latest Blog Entries
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- FISHER: Shades of Berlin in the South China Sea
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.