- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
NBA’s Vujacic says he’s engaged to Sharapova
Question of the Day
SAN DIEGO (AP) - Los Angeles Lakers guard Sasha Vujacic says he's engaged to marry Russian tennis star Maria Sharapova.
"We are engaged and are both really happy," Vujacic said Thursday night before the Lakers' exhibition game against Golden State. "It's good and now we can focus on other things."
The agent for three-time Grand Slam champion Sharapova confirmed the news in an e-mail to The Associated Press.
Vujacic said he proposed on the one-year anniversary of their first meeting at a friend's barbecue.
"It's was probably old school," Vujacic said. "I had to do it like a gentlemen."
Vujacic said a wedding date hasn't been set.
The Slovenian guard returned to action Thursday, a week after getting a concussion when teammate Lamar Odom accidentally elbowed him in the face during practice. Vujacic averaged 2.8 points and 1.2 rebounds in 67 games for the Lakers last season, his sixth with the club.
Sharapova won her first major title at Wimbledon in 2004, when she was 17. She went on to win the 2006 U.S. Open and 2008 Australian Open and also reached No. 1 in the WTA rankings.
After shoulder surgery and an elbow injury forced her to miss time the past two seasons, Sharapova is currently ranked 18th.
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Gen. James Amos, Marine Corps commandant, slams Obama's handling of Iraq
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- LYONS: Small-arms treaty, big Second Amendment threat
- Pentagon team dispatched to Ukraine amid crisis with Russia
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq