- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Unemployment rose to 6.2 percent in July; 209K jobs added
- Dave Brat wishes Eric Cantor well, says he’s ready to take over on Nov. 5
- Ugandan court invalidates controversial anti-gay law
KUHNER: The Soros empire
Billionaire megalomaniac undermines American values
Question of the Day
George Soros is back. The leftist billionaire wrote a column this week calling for the legalization of marijuana. In the Wall Street Journal’s op-ed pages, Mr. Soros supports California’s Proposition 19, the ballot initiative that would legalize the possession of small amounts of marijuana and its domestic cultivation.
Proposition 19 is a major step toward Mr. Soros‘ ultimate goal: the legalization of almost all hard drugs - including cocaine and heroin. This is a cause Mr. Soros has pushed - and bankrolled - for decades. It would take America closer to his vision of a European-style permissive social democracy.
The prevalence of drugs threatens the very fabric of our society, destroying the lives (and brains) of millions of Americans. It also fosters child abuse, domestic violence, crime, illegitimacy, AIDS and social breakdown. It is a public scourge whose use should not be encouraged or legally sanctioned, but eradicated.
The fact that legalization would result in more drug-induced deaths and higher addiction rates, especially among children and teenagers, means nothing to Mr. Soros. He champions the culture of death. Abortion, atheism, pornography, gay marriage, euthanasia and doctor-assisted suicide - these are the issues central to Mr. Soros‘ progressive agenda.
Media elites pay little attention to Mr. Soros and his nefarious activities because they share his political philosophy. Hence, they refuse to shine a spotlight on his secretive, rapacious and immoral behavior. They are complicit in covering up his shady, manipulative and destructive business dealings and his extreme neo-Marxist views.
Mr. Soros is the sugar daddy of the Democratic Party and the modern left. His net worth is more than $7 billion. He is one of the richest and most influential men in the world.
Almost every major liberal organization, think tank or media outlet has been the beneficiary of Mr. Soros‘ largesse. The Nation magazine, Mother Jones, Media Matters, MoveOn.org, NPR and the Center for American Progress - all together they have received tens of millions of dollars from the financier. They serve as front groups and propaganda vehicles to promote Mr. Soros‘ brand of transnational socialism.
He has poured hundreds of millions into the former communist bloc. The former Soviet empire has thus become the Soros empire. Mr. Soros has worked behind the scenes to destabilize and influence governments such as Croatia, Slovakia, Serbia, Georgia, Kosovo and Ukraine. In the process, he has plundered countries’ natural resources.
Mr. Soros is a liberal imperialist who seeks to erect one-world government. He is a rabid anti-capitalist. He favors high taxes, lavish public spending, welfare statism, massive redistribution of wealth to the poor and a tightly controlled international regulatory financial system. He despises nationalism and the West’s Judeo-Christian heritage. His aim is to usher in a new global order - one based on scientific materialism and progressive social engineering.
He champions amnesty for illegal immigrants and erasing our borders with Mexico and Canada. In his view, religion, nation-states and the family are repressive, antiquated institutions that must be abolished. He is the enemy of democracy and America.
During the presidency of George W. Bush, Mr. Soros called for “regime change.” He spent nearly $25 million hoping to defeat Mr. Bush in 2004. He failed - barely.
The billionaire is fostering greater financial chaos to devalue our currency. Mr. Soros is betting against the U.S. dollar, attempting to undermine its value on the global markets. Destroy the dollar, and America’s economic might goes with it. Mr. Soros wants to repeat his legendary 1992 assault on Britain’s pound sterling, in which he nearly bankrupted London’s central bank and caused an economic crisis - forcing English taxpayers to pick up the costly tab. Mr. Soros made out like a bandit, pocketing about $1 billion from his currency-manipulation scheme.
He is a shrewd student of history. Like Leon Trotsky, one of the founders of the 1917 Bolshevik Revolution, Mr. Soros believes in fomenting permanent crisis in the service of permanent revolution. A protracted economic crisis will decimate the middle class - and bring with it the acceptance of unprecedented government intervention. This is what he hoped would happen over the past several years.
Mr. Soros is a hypocrite. He claims to want higher taxes on the wealthy and stricter corporate regulations. But his investment fund is registered in the Netherlands Antilles, enabling him to dodge income and dividend taxes to Uncle Sam. His investments and money are sheltered in offshore accounts - away from the clutches of the Internal Revenue Service or the watchful eye of the Securities and Exchange Commission. In 2002, he was convicted in France of insider trading. He has financial interests tied to Latin American drug cartels. For example, he reportedly has a major stake in Banco de Colombia, a bank known to be laundering money for drug kingpins. In short, he thinks the rules do not apply to him.
Mr. Soros is ultimately an amoral megalomaniac who is detached from reality. He refers to himself as “the pope’s boss.” He has admitted to having messianic impulses. “I fancied myself as some kind of god,” he once said. He went on to emphasize that “truth be known, I carried some rather potent messianic fantasies with me from childhood, which I felt I had to control, otherwise they might get me in trouble.” Yet Mr. Soros claims he has learned to deal with them - by embracing his world historical destiny. “It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
Get Breaking Alerts
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Edge in Democrat-leaning Americans not enough to make up for GOP turnout: poll
- ON THE RUN: Competition for Redskins backup running back is heating up
- EDITORIAL: Pols' misrepresentations fuel public's cynicism about politics
- EDITORIAL: 'Operation Choke Point': A noose for business
- EDITORIAL: For too many gays, 'tolerance' is a one-way street
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- EDITORIAL: Meriam Ibrahim's happy immigrant story