- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
Lane, Cross join ‘Stand Up To Cancer’ telethon
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Diane Lane, Marcia Cross and Mark Harmon are set to join more than 100 celebrities for Friday’s “Stand Up To Cancer” telethon.
Kyra Sedgwick, Jay Leno and Ryan Seacrest also have been added to the list for the hourlong fundraiser, to be simulcast commercial-free by ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC and a number of cable channels.
Other previously announced stars include Sally Field, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and George Clooney.
Donations to the telecast are intended to fund innovative cancer research. The first telethon, in 2008, helped raise more than $100 million.
“Stand Up to Cancer,” hosted by news anchors Katie Couric, Diane Sawyer and Brian Williams, will air at 8 p.m. EDT Friday. It also will be seen on the Armed Forces Network.
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- FISHER: Shades of Berlin in the South China Sea
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.