- Extra-time goal gives Germany World Cup title over Argentina
- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
Inside the Beltway
Question of the Day
NOT ‘BUBBA THE MUSICAL’
Title of a new 1950s-era operetta based on the life of former President Bill Clinton. Auditions were held Saturday at a Little Rock church.
“The digital world is where the action is in my line of work, and The Huffington Post is at the center of the new paradigm.”
Howard Fineman, on his decision to leave his position as senior Washington correspondent for Newsweek after 30 years and join Arianna Huffington’s gaggle of journalists and bloggers. Mr. Fineman will cover national politics.
POLL DU JOUR
- 58 percent of Americans say the nation needs a third political party because Republican and Democratic parties do a “poor job.”
- 62 percent of tea party supporters and 51 percent of tea party opponents agree.
- 61 percent of liberals and 54 percent of conservatives agree that a third party is needed.
- 47 percent of Republicans and 45 percent of Democrats agree.
Source: A USA Today/Gallup Poll of 1,021 adults conducted Aug. 27 to 30 and released Friday.
c Chatter, clatter and press releases to jharper@ washingtontimes.com.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Pot reluctance: Presidential hopefuls get skittish talking about weed
- Inside the Beltway: Bolton bolsters the 'national security' candidate
- Got justice? 60 percent of Americans say Supreme Court 'gets too mixed up in politics'
- Inside the Beltway: What will become of the Obama legacy?
- Journalists to Obama: Whatever happened to that new 'era of openness'?
Latest Blog Entries
- A startling 20 percent of Democratic lawmakers already endorse Hillary Clinton for president
- Hey food police: calling obesity a 'disease' is actually a health risk
- Cheese and an 'enhanced experience': White House goes showbiz on the State of the Union address
- Cruz calls it a 'circus': the State of the Union spectacle begins
- Half of American fans say God and 'supernatural' forces are in play during sports events
TWT Video Picks
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- DOJ investigates Nebraska parade float critical of Obama
- Jersey City Mayor: Cop killer lay in wait for police to arrive
- 'Be a leader' Perry tells Obama to confront border crisis
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration
- Germany wins World Cup title on Mario Goetze goal in extra time
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs