- U.S. Navy admiral ‘receptive’ to giving Chinese counterpart a tour of carrier
- Islamic State orders female genital mutilation for Mosul girls, U.N. says
- Israeli fire hits U.N. facility in Gaza, killing 15
- Obama encourages ICE to stand down, say former border agents
- Pro-Palestinian protesters attack Israeli soccer team in Austria match
- Virginia police: 2 dead after storm at campground
- Ukrainian prime minister announces resignation
- House members question $17 billion VA request
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo launches statewide task force to collect LGBT data
- Obama’s motorcade prevents woman in labor from crossing street to hospital
Question of the Day
Ms. Lingle could not run again because of term limits.
Mr. Abercrombie likely will have to appeal to the state’s moderate Democrats, who backed Mr. Hannemann, while Mr. Aiona will have to demonstrate he can win in what is still a strongly Democratic state.
Black lawmakers must rally voters
President Obama is coming out fighting against his Republican foes with strong words in a political speech to black lawmakers.
He’s telling members of the Congressional Black Caucus to go back home and rally people to support Democrats in the November election. He’s likening the task at hand to the grass-roots efforts that helped drive the civil rights movement.
Mr. Obama doesn’t use the word “Republican” in his remarks Saturday night. Instead he’s talking about “the other side” and “a crowd that wants to do what’s right politically, instead of what’s right - period.”
He also says the recession came down with “a particular vengeance” on black communities.
Clinton: Chelsea’s wedding wonderful
Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton says preparing for her daughter’s wedding was the most wonderful, difficult and stressful task she’s taken on in the last few months.
In an interview for broadcast Sunday on ABC’s “This Week,” Mrs. Clinton said that being the mother of the bride and planning a wedding is always stressful.
But, she says, “Doing it long distance, jet-lagged, on planes, in the midst of diplomatic negotiations, made it a little more so.”
Chelsea Clinton, the only child of former President Bill Clinton and Mrs. Clinton, wed her longtime boyfriend earlier this summer before an exclusive high society gathering at an elegant estate in upstate New York.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Whistleblowers flood VA with lawsuits despite apology
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Obama dispatches researchers to border to check on National Guard
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Astronaut shares 'saddest photo' from space: Bombs bursting over Israel, Gaza
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq