- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
He is a member of the USA Track & Field Hall of Fame and was inducted into the New Jersey Hall of Fame last May.
Mr. Lewis will run as a Democrat in the 8th legislative district now represented by Republican Dawn Addiego.
Bachmann: Funding ruined budget deal
PELLA | Minnesota congresswoman and potential GOP presidential candidate Michele Bachmann says she’ll vote against the federal budget bill because it doesn’t remove funding for the president’s health care overhaul.
Mrs. Bachmann, a tea-party favorite, voted against a weeklong budget extension late Friday that averted a government shutdown.
Mrs. Bachman told a conservative Iowa crowd on Monday that she’ll also oppose the compromise that lawmakers are expected to vote on this week. She says “voters expected us to defund Obamacare.”
Mrs. Bachmann spoke as part of a series sponsored by the Family Leader. The conservative group is inviting prospective presidential candidates to Iowa, home to the nation’s first presidential caucuses.
New chief readies transition plan
The general taking the helm of the U.S. Army says that in two months he will lay out how the force must transform itself after a decade at war.
Gen. Martin Dempsey says the all-volunteer Army is in transition and must evolve and hone new expertise in order to be ready for adversaries the U.S. will face in 2020 and beyond.
Gen. Dempsey took over as chief of staff for the Army during a ceremony at Fort Myer in Northern Virginia on Monday. Gen. George Casey retired after four years in the top job and more than four decades in the service.
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Vietnam says it may have found door of missing Malaysian jet as intel look into stolen passports
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- EDITORIAL: Senate rejects Adegbile for Justice post
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- U.S. deploys 12 F-16 fighter jets to Poland as exercise in response to Ukraine situation
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again