- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
LAMBRO: Obama’s Libyan dalliance
Halfhearted help for rebels won’t expel Gadhafi
He has bigger things on his political plate. Like a weak economy, high unemployment and $4-a-gallon gasoline, with 57 percent of Americans disapproving of the way he is handling the situation. And there is the growing battle in Congress over cutting spending levels that have propelled this year’s deficit over the trillion-dollar mark for the third year in a row, this time to more than $1.6 trillion.
But in the age of terrorism, this is still a dangerous world and the revolutions that have torn across the Middle East and North Africa are, to a large degree, part of the war against terrorist regimes - a war that America should support wholeheartedly - not with U.S. ground forces, but with military aid and weapons to help the Libyan rebels fight for their country and their own freedom.
Qatar, one of the Arab countries joining in the NATO air campaign, is thought to be providing military weapons to the Libyan rebels. No doubt, it would be happy to deliver U.S. weapons into the rebels’ arms as well. It is a cause worth supporting.
Donald Lambro is a syndicated columnist and former chief political correspondent for The Washington Times.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Paul Ryan to meet with black lawmakers after 'inner cities' flap
- Georgia's new carry law a big win for gun rights
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear