- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
Sergio has long road to US Open
“The U.S. Open has done so much study on this,” USGA executive director Mike Davis said. “We’ve gone back on a five-year basis to see if the (2012) rules were in place the last five years, the net results and what it gets us. We do not want to cross the line of more than 50 percent being exempt for the U.S. Open. If we’ve done our homework properly, half will be exempt.”
Davis said the results showed an addition of between zero to five players.
DIVOTS: In the 12 days since Kevin Na took a 16 on the ninth hole of the Texas Open, the video on YouTube has 741,297 views. … Ryan Moore has signed up to play the World Match Play Championship in Spain, to be held a week after The Players Championship. The criteria provided for the highest-ranked player available from the Americas. Moore is No. 40 in the world. … Alex Carpenter of Abilene Christian, who won the Southern Amateur last year, is the only U.S. player on the Palmer Cup team who does not attend a Division I school. The Palmer Cup, which matches college players from the United States against Europe, will be June 9-12 at The Stanwich Club in Connecticut.
STAT OF THE WEEK: Of the top 10 players on the PGA Tour money list, Matt Kuchar is the only player to have not won this year.
FINAL WORD: “You can call a lot of places these days bombers’ courses.” _ Jerry Kelly.
By Emily Miller
Obama is losing the debate on gun ownership, concealed-carry permits
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after 'indication' of Malaysian jet crash
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- MILLER: Law enforcement realizes good people with guns deter crime
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- NRA shirt gets N.Y. high school student suspended
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Oil rig worker says he saw missing plane go down: report
- Senators reach deal on unemployment benefits
- Ben Carson: America's now 'very much like Nazi Germany'
- Kerry warns of 'very serious' response to Crimea-Russia alliance
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again