- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
- Mystery deepens over radioactive cobalt-60 stolen in Mexico
- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
WEDDING WATCH: Kate tries out her royal wave
“I’m very proud to be invited,” he said. “I’ll be going to Trafalgar Square later to give a toast to the royal couple.”
Johnson, an avid cyclist, has put thousands of public bikes on the streets in the last year in order to ease traffic congestion in the city and promote healthy living.
ABBEY ARRIVALS: British Prime Minister David Cameron has arrived at Westminster Abbey for the royal wedding.
The royal wedding is getting plenty of attention from nations that used to be part of the British Empire. Here are some highlights from AP journalists reporting from around the Commonwealth.
_ New Zealand: Kiwis are celebrating the fact that Kate Middleton’s father’s godmother comes from their country.
_ Hong Kong: A well-known wedding designer is welcoming the big day in Chinese-language TV commentary.
_ Australia: The wedding hoopla has raised the prickly issue of whether the country should dump the British monarch and become a republic.
ABBEY ARRIVALS: Elton John and David Furnish have arrived at Westminster Abbey for the royal wedding. So has former British Prime Minister John Major.
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- Apple wins facial recognition patent for iPhone 6
- 'Harry Potter' and 'Hunger Games' fans debate over political messages in films
- Democratic infighting erupts with squabble over entitlements
- Young and healthy millennials create risky imbalance by shunning Obamacare
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
- Allen West warns Obamas backdoor gun control is moving forward
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Susan Rice slams Russia, China on human rights
- U.S. debt jumps a record $328 billion tops $17 trillion for first time
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
A libertarian look at breaking news and political trends by author Tom Mullen.
A stat-head’s outlook, direct from his worn in couch cushion.
Playing Through covers the world of PGA golf, as well as tips your the average golfer to play better.