- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
WEDDING WATCH: Lip readers catch a William joke
AP’s Cassandra Vinograd _ CassVinograd on Twitter _ tweets from just outside Westminster Abbey: One downside of (hash tag)royalwedding mania? Getting around London! Tube packed with flag-waving, tiara-wearing folk.
AP’s Caryn Rousseau in Chicago will be reporting Friday on royal wedding festivities in the U.S. Here’s some of what she says is planned:
_ Full English breakfasts and British-themed parties are planned all around the country.
_ Colbie Caillat will be singing at a live viewing party in New York’s Times Square.
_ At Walt Disney World in Florida, about 250 guests have been invited to wear prince and princess attire.
_ Various restaurants and bars are hanging Union Jack bunting and hosting watch parties. Royally themed drinks will include “The Windsor Knot” and “The Bitter Queen.”
_ Of course, many others will gather in private homes in the states. Expect lots of scones and cucumber sandwiches.
Jennie Bond, one of Britain’s foremost experts on the royal family _ and a paid consultant for The Associated Press this wedding day _ said there was a hint that Prince William was going to be named the Duke of Cambridge.
“The queen went to visit Cambridge the day before yesterday so a lot of people thought that was how it was going to be.”
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- Washington Redskins' 2014 schedule opens with Texans
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014