- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
WEDDING WATCH: Twitter trends: a royal sweep
The royal wedding is getting plenty of attention from nations that used to be part of the British Empire. Here are some highlights from AP journalists reporting from around the Commonwealth.
_ New Zealand: Kiwis are celebrating the fact that Kate Middleton’s father’s godmother comes from their country.
_ Hong Kong: A well-known wedding designer is welcoming the big day in Chinese-language TV commentary.
_ Australia: The wedding hoopla has raised the prickly issue of whether the country should dump the British monarch and become a republic.
ABBEY ARRIVALS: Elton John and David Furnish have arrived at Westminster Abbey for the royal wedding. So has former British Prime Minister John Major.
Crowds in London are cheering absolutely everyone who drives along the procession route, reports AP’s Rich Matthews, who is on the scene. Not long ago, a sanitation truck rolled by and the crowd went crazy with cheers and screams.
The driver played along, with a bit of a royal wave.
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- IRS to turn over Lerner emails in tea party targeting probe
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- R-S-P-E-C-T: Find out what it means for Obama
- Golden Hammer: Feds spend millions to train executives train in luxury
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again