- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
HURT: Tossing aside ‘hope’ and ‘change’
Question of the Day
Mr. Obama realizes that his only hope now is to play a down-and-dirty base campaign, where he bribes and threatens Democratic voters to come back out for him and does everything in his power to keep Republican voters home. (When Republicans do that, it is called “disenfranchisement” and they call the Justice Department. When Democrats do it, it’s called winning an election and they call it “awesome.”)
And then with all the skeezy Election Day tactics we see with same-day registration and a refusal to require voters to actually prove they are legal residents who should be voting in the election, you can bet some of these illegals who had been headed for deportation will manage to sneak in a few votes.
Maybe even enough to swing the election.
• Charles Hurt’s column appears Wednesday. He can be reached at email@example.com.
About the Author
- HURT: Postal Service misses address by a whole continent
- HURT: Let us all give thanks for George Mason and the Bill of Rights
- HURT: Obama is a greater threat than Toronto's crack mayor Rob Ford
- HURT: It's the Democrats, not the GOP, facing a looming civil war
- HURT: Sarah Palin knew a death panel when she saw one
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Bradley Manning, as Chelsea Manning, pens thank-you to MLK from prison
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Pope Franciss colorful past: Gods nightclub bouncer
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- MOVIE REVIEW: 'Out of the Furnace'
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
Why can’t humans just be free to be humans?
Get in the middle of all the action inside and outside the boxing ring.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
White House pets gone wild!