- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
Question of the Day
The Florida Republican also accused the Palestinian Authority of “cynically” attempting to gain U.N. membership without negotiating international boundaries with Israel or regaining control of the Gaza Strip, where Hamas terrorists recently have fired rockets at Israeli villages.
“Before this dangerous charade progresses further, the Obama administration must make clear, publicly and unequivocally, that is will stop any U.N. Security Council effort to recognize or grant upgraded U.N. status to a Palestinian state,” she said.
The White House repeatedly has expressed opposition to a Palestinian state without Israeli approval, but its statements have failed to satisfy Mrs. Ros-Lehtinen.
“Now is not the time for more biased U.N. measures,” she said.
“Now is the time for the Palestinians to stop their anti-peace, anti-Israeli measures and to start meeting their obligations or face the consequences.”
• Call Embassy Row at 202/636-3297 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The column is published on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
James Morrison joined the The Washington Times in 1983 as a local reporter covering Alexandria, Va. A year later, he was assigned to open a Times bureau in Canada. From 1987 to 1989, Mr. Morrison was The Washington Times reporter in London, covering Britain, Western Europe and NATO issues. After returning to Washington, he served as an assistant foreign editor ...
- Embassy Row: India strikes back over diplomat's arrest
- Embassy Row: India 'shocked,' 'appalled' by consular officer's arrest
- Embassy Row: Wife of Christian held in Iran feels abandoned by Obama
- Wife of jailed U.S. Christian in Iran calls for White House help
- Senate debate: Is Santa Claus an American citizen?
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Democratic Sen. John Walsh plagiarized War College master's thesis: report
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Netanyahu's Wikipedia page replaced with giant Palestinian flag
- Hezbollah warring in Syria could join fight against Israel
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Tom Petty: 'No one's got Christ more wrong than the Christians'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq