- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
McCoy still out with concussion
Question of the Day
BEREA, OHIO (AP) - Quarterback Colt McCoy hasn't completely recovered from the concussion he sustained two weeks ago on a head shot from Pittsburgh's James Harrison.
McCoy was flattened on an illegal hit by Harrison on Dec. 8. He hasn't practiced since and Thursday, McCoy was sent home after doing "a little physical activity," coach Pat Shurmur says. McCoy will not travel with the team to Baltimore for Saturday's game.
Shurmur did not know if McCoy has been advised to sit out the season finale against the Steelers on Jan. 1.
On Wednesday, Harrison said the Browns should be disciplined for their handling of McCoy's injury. The NFL has instituted new policies for this week's games in the aftermath of McCoy's concussion. An independent trainer will be in the press box to help oversee head injuries.
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq