COLUMBIA, Mo. (AP) — Illinois-based Mead Johnson on Sunday said another batch of tests done on its Enfamil Premium Newborn infant formula found no trace of the bacteria tied to the death of a baby in Missouri.
Preliminary hospital tests indicated that 10-day-old Avery Cornett died Dec. 18 of a rare infection caused by bacteria known as Cronobacter sakazakii. The source of the bacteria hasn't been determined, but it can be found in powdered formula.
Avery had consumed Enfamil Newborn formula.
National retailers including Wal-Mart Stores Inc., Walgreen Co., Kroger Co. and Safeway have since pulled a batch of the powdered infant formula from their shelves.
The Food and Drug Administration, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the Missouri Department of Health are investigating Avery's death.
Mead Johnson said it had shared its test results with investigators.
By Rand Paul
Obama acts as though we no longer have a Constitution
Independent voices from the TWT Communities
Born in 1930 in rural Missouri, Charles Vandegriffe, Sr., brings his time and place to the Communities.
The world impacts us. What happens in our towns, cities, states, country and on this planet makes a difference to us.
History doesn't have to be grim; there is a lot to be learned from the pages of time.
Contributions to the Communities Sports desk from readers.
Benghazi: The anatomy of a scandal
Vietnam Memorial adds four names
Cinco de Mayo on the Mall
NRA kicks off annual convention
California wildfires wreak havoc