- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
Tea party activists vow to hold GOP feet to fire
Question of the Day
Some speakers urged the tea party faithful to focus their energy on booting Mr. Obama from the White House and regaining GOP control of the Senate. Democrats will defend 23 Senate seats in 2012, including a pair held by independents, while just 10 Republican-held seats are on the line.
Tim Duvall, who runs a medical-device company in Walnut Creek, Calif., said he is willing to cut the new crew some slack.
“We didn’t get into this mess overnight,” Mr. Duvall said. “You don’t reverse direction or change it in 60 to 90 days.”
Others aren’t as patient. Steven Blank, retired from his machine and welding business, helps vet candidates for his local tea party group at home in Manistee, Mich. He said principles - and not party label - matter most.
“If they’re not living up to the expectations of the tea party people, they will be eliminated one by one,” Mr. Blank said.
TWT Video Picks
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- MSNBC's Ronan Farrow questions lack of racial diversity in emoji characters
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama vows veto of House border bill
- ISTOOK: Get ready for super-priced burgers due to NLRB decree
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world