- Mexican train carrying 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S. derails
- Secret Service begins regular K-9 patrols around White House
- Pentagon’s human memory-chip program moves forward
- Obama blasts GOP, ignores immigration crisis in Texas speech
- Marine Warfighting Lab tests the Godzilla of amphibious assault vehicles
- Harry Reid: Birth-control ruling the worst Supreme Court decision in 25 years
- Vet suicides ‘horrible human cost’ of VA dysfunction: lawmaker
- First marijuana customer in Spokane says he was fired
- Hagel: ‘Make no mistake,’ ISIL is an ‘imminent’ threat to U.S.
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to ‘fight for national sovereignty’
New video shows clinic workers assisting sex-traffickers
Question of the Day
A pro-life group unleashed another video Thursday that it says shows Planned Parenthood employees helping out sex-traffickers.
Live Action says this latest undercover video shows that one released two days ago — showing a clinic manager in New Jersey providing people posing as a pimp and his prostitute with suggestions for their “business” and getting around state laws — is not an isolated incident.
However, the employee at a clinic in Richmond, Va., acted very differently from how clinic manager Amy Woodruff acted in the video released Tuesday morning, and Planned Parenthood is standing by its employee. Ms. Woodruff was fired Tuesday night.
The Live Action video released Thursday depicts a scenario identical to the video of the clinic in Perth Amboy and the voices of the man and woman playing the pimp and prostitute resemble the voices in the first undercover video.
Much like the first video released, the “pimp” told the Planned Parenthood employee — whose face is not shown, unlike in the first video — that he is involved in “sex work” but that his girls need help and protection.
“So, we see people from, I mean, every walk of life, so …” said the employee, who only identifies herself as “Kimberley” at the end.
She even goes on to state that the clinic has treated many girls from a local strip club.
This time, when the “pimp” tells Kimberley that a lot of his girls are illegal immigrants around 14 and 15 years old and may need help, she laid out Virginia law about abortion and told them that permission from a legal guardian is required for abortions if women are under the legal age of 18.
“But there’s also ways … that we can get around that if you guys ever need it,” she said. “There’s a way to avoid that.”
Unlike Ms. Woodruff in the first video, Kimberley does not nonchalantly offer advice on telling underage girls to lie, and she doesn’t go out of her way to give them the name of a place that will give underage women abortions with hardly any questions asked. She also doesn’t suggest how to use teenagers as sex workers when they can’t engage in intercourse for a time after their abortions.
The “way to avoid that” that the employee alludes to is a legal term she called “judicial bypass,” and would keep the parents of an underage child from knowing whether she had an abortion if she come in to the clinic and fill out paperwork as well as interviews that get them started on that process.
“So, for someone who’s a minor, that’s a really good option,” the employee said. “We do ‘em probably once or twice a month here.”
Live Action’s president, Lila Rose, said the new video proves that that complicity with or turning a blind eye to sex-trafficking is a recurring problem with Planned Parenthood employees.
“Our new video shows their Richmond clinic willing to aid and abet the sexual exploitation of minors and coaching a pimp about how girls as young as 14 – 15 could circumvent parental consent laws for secret abortions,” Ms. Rose said on Live Action’s site. “Our investigations of 12 clinics in the past four years show a pattern of Planned Parenthood’s willingness to cover-up the sexual abuse of minors and young women.”
In a statement, Stuart Schear, vice president for communications of Planned Parenthood, praised the reaction of the worker on the newest video.
“The Planned Parenthood staff member reacted professionally to a highly unusual person posing as a patient,” Mr. Schear said. “After the encounter, the staff member immediately notified her supervisor, who subsequently notified members of Planned Parenthood’s national security team, who are working with the FBI, which is investigating these visits.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Banning speech with a constitutional amendment is playing with fire
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- IRS employee suspended for pro-Obama activities
- HUSAIN: The fake caliph of 'The Islamic State'
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- HUSAR: Mexicos Pena Nieto passes the immigration bucket
- White House plans for bowling alley upgrades abruptly canceled
- Amid border crisis, Obama to take 15-day vacation in Martha's Vineyard
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Facebook allows 'Kill Kendall Jones' page, but deletes her game hunting photos
- EDITORIAL: Whats Obama hiding at illegal-alien 'refugee' camps?
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener