You are currently viewing the printable version of this article, to return to the normal page, please click here.

TNT cancels `Men of a Certain Age,’ cites ratings

- Associated Press - Friday, July 15, 2011

LOS ANGELES (AP) - TNT says it's canceled Ray Romano's award-winning series "Men of a Certain Age" after two seasons.

Calling it a "difficult decision," the cable network said Friday the show failed to attract a big enough audience despite its excellence. "Men of a Certain Age" averaged 2.7 million viewers for the episodes that concluded this month.

The show received a prestigious George Foster Peabody award earlier this year and was lauded for combining humor and poignancy. This week, series co-star Andre Braugher received an Emmy nomination as best supporting actor in a drama series.

Romano, Braugher and Scott Bakula played three longtime friends each facing middle age and various life crises. Romano, the former "Everybody Loves Raymond" star, co-created "Men of a Certain Age."

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.