- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford thanks supporters at re-election campaign bash
- Texas seizes polygamist Warren Jeffs’ 1,600-acre ranch
Daily Caller: Sarah Palin documentary getting pay-per-view release
In between sobs, Miss Aspin explained to the Sun that Fielder-Civil cannot comprehend what happened to his former spouse.
“He is devastated and shattered. He just can’t take it in that she’s dead and he’ll never see her again,” Miss Aspin told the Sun. “Blake rang me on Saturday after the prison authorities told him she’d died. I just couldn’t console him. He was in total shock.”
“I saw him and Amy together and I know they were really in love and they were soul mates,” Miss Aspin said. “She always loved him and he always loved her - but it was just never going to work.”
Winehouse and Fielder-Civil both struggled with substance abuse problems. Two years after their 2007 marriage, the pair divorced, and Winehouse was quoted as saying, “Our whole marriage was based on doing drugs.” Early that year, Winehouse told British tabloid News of the World that she was “off the drugs for good” and having a ball with her new boyfriend.
“I’ve finally escaped from hell,” Winehouse told News of the World in January 2009. “I’m in love again, and I don’t need drugs. Look at me; I’m glowing!”
• Compiled by Laura Donovan and Michael Mayday, 2011 The Daily Caller
TWT Video Picks
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- Hillary swoons at admitted illegal immigrant: 'Wow,' you're 'incredibly brave'
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain in South Korea
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.