- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Daily Caller: Sarah Palin documentary getting pay-per-view release
Sarah Palin documentary getting pay-per-view release
Victory Film Group, the company behind the Sarah Palin documentary “The Undefeated,” announced it will release the controversy-sparking film to video-on-demand and pay-per-view services Sept. 1 to reach a wider audience.
The documentary has grossed $101,000 in its two weekends of screening, according to boxofficemojo.com. It has been shown in 14 theaters nationwide.
Trevor Drinkwater, ARC Entertainment CEO and the movie’s distributor, said in a Sunday news release that he has been “inundated with requests” from people wanting to see the film in their markets. The film will continue to be released on a limited theatrical distribution, he added.
“The Undefeated” filmmaker Stephen K. Bannon said, “Given the strong audience reaction, we have determined there is overwhelming demand for us to get this film out broadly enough to cover the entire nation in September and October.”
Wal-Mart will exclusively carry a special-edition DVD of the film containing new scenes. It’s slated for an Oct. 4 release, with the initial shipment containing roughly 250,000 units. A multimillion-dollar ad campaign will accompany the DVD and cable releases.
Perry premiere outfit is ‘Smurf-tastic’
Ultimate California girl Katy Perry, who plays Smurfette in “The Smurfs,” arrived at the movie’s Sunday premiere in New York City in a white dress with a sequined Smurfette plastered on the front.
According to Us Weekly, the “Firework” performer also decorated her fingernails with the film’s cartoon characters. And Miss Perry wasn’t without her bling. The 26-year-old Southern Californian flaunted a diamond cuff bracelet and blue Christian Louboutin heels.
In addition to her feisty song lyrics, Miss Perry is known for her tight-fitting wardrobe and enviable hourglass figure. Earlier this year, the Santa Barbara native donned a low-cut purple dress at a promotional event for her perfume - which received less coverage than her attire. For her “California Gurls” video, the pop star sported a purple wig - and her birthday suit.
Winehouse’s ex-husband ‘shattered’ by her death
Doing time for burglary and a firearm offense, Fielder-Civil told the tabloid of Winehouse, “I will never ever again feel the love I felt for her. Everybody who knew me and knew Amy knew the depth of our love. I can’t believe she’s dead.”
“He is devastated and shattered. He just can’t take it in that she’s dead and he’ll never see her again,” Miss Aspin told the Sun. “Blake rang me on Saturday after the prison authorities told him she’d died. I just couldn’t console him. He was in total shock.”
Winehouse and Fielder-Civil both struggled with substance abuse problems. Two years after their 2007 marriage, the pair divorced, and Winehouse was quoted as saying, “Our whole marriage was based on doing drugs.” Early that year, Winehouse told British tabloid News of the World that she was “off the drugs for good” and having a ball with her new boyfriend.
“I’ve finally escaped from hell,” Winehouse told News of the World in January 2009. “I’m in love again, and I don’t need drugs. Look at me; I’m glowing!”
• Compiled by Laura Donovan and Michael Mayday, 2011 The Daily Caller
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- 'Blarney Blowout' near UMass results in 73 arrests; 4 officers injured
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Vietnam says it may have found door of missing Malaysian jet as intel look into stolen passports
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
- Obama engages in Ukraine diplomacy from Fla. resort as Russia digs in
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again