- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
HURT: Obama offers lectures but no answers
Question of the Day
The whole problem with the teleprompter is it can’t come up with a plan. It doesn’t have any of its own ideas. Truth is, it doesn’t come up with anything at all that you don’t type into it.
This is why President Obama — for all of his talk lately about leadership and tough decisions — is pretty much the only person in all of Washington who hasn’t come up with a plan for dealing with the looming debt crisis.
And this is why, of course, leaders in Congress finally gave up on the planless president and decided to work things out together. You know you are a problem when Democrats and Republicans in Congress can work better with each other than they can with you.
And you know you are in deep political trouble when it is Congress that is getting all the work while you aren’t doing anything other than burning a hole in the ozone layer constantly lecturing everybody about how we are on the verge of “Armageddon.”
Or, as any default will forever be remembered, “Obamageddon.”
And the lecture series continued this week with a strange sermon in which Mr. Obama explained to the American people what it is that upsets the American people. (He is not big on plans for fixing things, but he really likes to tell people what they need.)
“Do you know what people are fed up with most of all?” Mr. Obama inquired woodenly of the very American people about whom he was talking. Of course, he did not wait for the American people to respond, this being a lecture and all.
Which calls into question whether Mr. Obama was too busy reading his teleprompter to pay any attention whatsoever to the last election. Or his own election, for that matter.
In neither election did voters say, “I want politicians in Washington to compromise more.”
Goodness, if politicians in this town compromised any more than they already do, none of them would still be married, the Potomac River would turn green with the last of your money, and lobbyists would actually start outnumbering city rats around here. The common pretzel would not be able to keep up.
Endless compromise and accommodation is precisely how these people have gotten us into this fine mess in the first place.
Dispute over whose political boondoggle to spend millions on? Let’s spend it on everybody’s!
Welfare is un-American and unpopular? Well, let’s give it to both lazy people and big, fat corporations!
About the Author
TWT Video Picks
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
- Rahm Emanuel: Send illegal immigrant shelter kids to Chicago
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Pentagon running out of time to find mass of missing weapons in Afghanistan
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring 'God's Rescue Squad'
- WEST: Those who would rather join the jihadi army than their own nation's army
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq